Views
Helpful
Replies

How to NAT the Voicemail Address 10.1.10.1

Patrick Werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

If i setup the voicemail to mail. The setup doesn't work because, the mailserver is in another network than my UC. So therefore IP traffic from the UC to the mailserver works, but IP traffic back to the UC doesn't work because the router at the mailservers network doens't know where the 10.1.10.1 Network resist. The cisco admin at this company doenst like the idea to route the network 10.1.10.1 trough all his routers.

So the best way is to give the voicemal an address from the customer network. So i have to NAT the address 10.1.10.1. But how ?

Or do you know a better solution, to change the IP address of the voicemail isn't a good solution as fas as i know.? Is it possible to do that with CCA?

thanks and best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tell to customer that for the product to work it will need IP connectivity with the rest of their network. King or pawn, he will have to accepet this simple fact.

Beside that you can change the VM address and or any other, as specified by customer's addressing plan. Actually that should have been done as part of the initial design and deployment.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It might be done, but it's kludgy. Talk to general manager, and ask to instruct network admin to make things work.

Hello Patrick,

I absolutely agree with Paolo. It will be much easier to add a route to the routers than redesign the voice network structure. I hope that this is just two max three hops away.

If it is not then why don't you just use smtp like gmail or another which is easier is this case. You will just send the messages through it.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Yeah, right but you now the customer is king. I'm the supplier and i have no rights :-)

It should de done with the cli, is it possible to change the VM address to the same network like the UC ressist?

And IMHO CCA should have an otion to NAT the VM or change the IP address of the VM, because 10.1.10.1 is a private network, and most of the big comanys network departments doens't like to route private IP addresses.

Thanks and regards Patrick

Tell to customer that for the product to work it will need IP connectivity with the rest of their network. King or pawn, he will have to accepet this simple fact.

Beside that you can change the VM address and or any other, as specified by customer's addressing plan. Actually that should have been done as part of the initial design and deployment.

Hi Guys.

I changed the VM IP address to the network of the customer. It works great and CCA haven't a problem with the new IP address.

Thanks