cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to setup 500ds button for paging

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

I just depolyed a customer with multiple 504 and 508's with the 500DS on each phone.  They want one button to push for for paging. 

Currently they have to do *96 dial 800 dial

How can I script this onto a button?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry. I'm unable to repeat your configuration.

Even I configured Paging_Code to *96, the *96 dial 800 dial sequence doesn't work for me. After the first dial, the *96 is dialed (and rejected by PBX as unknown number). No further prompt on phone.

On the other side, I can dial 800 with no prefix to initiate the "pagging call" if 800 is configured in Group_Pagging_Script. I can save 800 into personal address book or call it using speed dial defined on Line Key (I have no SPA500DS here)

fnc=sd;ext=800

It just work. I need no *96 prefix for it.

May be, it doesn't work from SPA500DS only (then you should consider to configure SD function on phone's Line Key)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

May be I just doesn't understand your question correctly (I don't know what you mean saying "*96 dial 800 dial") - but you should configure the pagging on attendant console the same way as you configured in on casual phone's line-key until now.

I want to make a button for paging, I have never put on on a line key before

I assume its something like fnc=sd;ext=*98800

The problem is that I have tohit the dial key in the middle.

so the user hits *98 (3 key pushes)  then the Dial soft key (1 key push) then 800(3 key pushes) then the dial soft key again.

Sage

I pressed *96 on my phone followed by "dial" - the *96 has been dialed agains the PBX as standard number. 

From your question I'm unable to recognize if "pagging via *98" is supplemental service of your PBX, or is matter of a specific configuration of your phone (but you didn't mentioned it).

Read Release Notes of 7.5.1a firmware, page 4. It may or may not help you.

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

Dan

I am trying to use the feature built into the spa phones.  The paging feature is a multicast feature that does not matter what pbx you connect to.

This is the code that says what to dial first

This part says to listen to 800

pggrp=224.168.168.168:34560;name=All;num=800;listen=yes;

I am looking to make a speed dial of this feature using the above codes.

I'm sorry. I'm unable to repeat your configuration.

Even I configured Paging_Code to *96, the *96 dial 800 dial sequence doesn't work for me. After the first dial, the *96 is dialed (and rejected by PBX as unknown number). No further prompt on phone.

On the other side, I can dial 800 with no prefix to initiate the "pagging call" if 800 is configured in Group_Pagging_Script. I can save 800 into personal address book or call it using speed dial defined on Line Key (I have no SPA500DS here)

fnc=sd;ext=800

It just work. I need no *96 prefix for it.

May be, it doesn't work from SPA500DS only (then you should consider to configure SD function on phone's Line Key)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: