Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Troubleshoot Low Volume In Conference Calls

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have been told on numberous occasions that when I setup a 3 party conference call, that neither party can hear each other. The volume is very very low for them. As the person that has setup the conference call, they can however hear me just fine.

I have MeetMe conferencing enabled but I am just using the 3 way conferencing in this case.

When I establish a meet-me conferencing bridge, the volumes for all the parties are fine.

Please advise.

Thanks

-Brian

3 Replies 3

Hi Brian,

Is there a PSTN call leg involved in the call? If so, are they the ones who can't hear you OK?

Some useful information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/voice_troubleshooting/old/vts_qos.html#wp1058679

Thanks,

Marcos

Yes,

It is all PSTN. We are utilizing 4 pstn lines here with the UC. I'm not sure what the other parties are using though.

I will look over the document that you posted. Thanks.

-Brian

Marcos,

I looked through the article you posted and I have fooled around with PSTN levels before on this system. Raising them more than just a couple notches higher than the default produces not so desirable audio on voice calls. Static and the audio sometimes cuts out.

I wound up just setting it back to the default settings for gain and attenuation.

Is the DSP hardware used for making these types of conference calls or is it done at a software level?

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: