Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade UC540 from 15.1(2)T2 to 15.1(4)M4

Hi All!

I have not sure the step by step in procedure to upgrade UC540 due a bug CSCtt94391 and I didn´t find related documents with step by step

a) I Just download the pack 8.6.2 included many .tar files and not any .bin image. Only near a IOS Image file is one called uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M4b but is strange extension file for me.

b) Is neccessary always CCA tool installed for upgrade??? in this case... Is neccesary the compatibility CCA 3.2.1 with 15.1(4) or is possible with the software instaled in before pack 3.0

c) Is possible to upgrade only IOS software without impact via CLI with a bin file and force with "boot system flash" command with any procedure ?

Please if you know any detailed procedure for upgrading i will aprecieate it !!!

I would like to upgrade as soon as possible this platform an it is not clear for me the correct procedure.

Kind Regards!

Víctor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is up to you. Some people do like CCA, some don't.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please donwnload and use the latest, that is 8.6.1, IOS 15.1(4)M5.

Copy new image in router.

Delete old image.

Reload.

Nothing else is necessary.

Hi Paolo, thanks for your quickly answer

I download in the complete 8.6.0 pack the "" uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M4b "" file. Is neccesarty to change to .bin extension or router will recognise that extension?

Then I could copy the file .M4b into the flash card and delete old + relaod is that correct?

There are any release referred ?, Service could be impacted heavily

Could I download only .bin image in cisco.com web?

Regards!

Víctor

Look in "documents" section for link to the UC500 downloads. Use 8.6.1, not 8.6.0.

I would like last confirmation...via CLI coping the .M4b into flash or via CCA 3.2.1 and choose maintenance and upgrade ios as document refers??

That is up to you. Some people do like CCA, some don't.

All was done VIa CCA and installed only IOS Software frommy laptop connected in UCS and download pack, it si possible via WAN with CCA installed

This guide help me

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_2_1/administration_guide/cca_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Regards!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: