cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming calls distribution problem in UC520-32U-8FXO-K9 (urgent)

net1998ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i have UC520-32U-8FXO-K9 currently installed in my office with 15 IP phones distributed on internal users , i have five PSTN lines connected to this system , all those lines grouped in one line so any outside person wants to call us he can do that by calling the main line only and this line distributed calls into other outside lines that mean i hvae the following numbers

1- 446000

2- 448770

3- 447766

4- 449880

5- 447600

the main line is 446000

i have problem with this systme as below :

everytime when i call main line it is working and somtimes it is not ring so the caller hear the ring tone but the reciption does not hear the ring so no one pickup hte line could you please advise if the problem from ISP or from the UC520-32U-8FXO-K9 itself .

best regards

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One operator can normally handle up to two or three calls, established or ringing at one time.

If you need more than that, you will need to configure queues, that is B-ACD/AA, ad documented in the manual.

actually this is what i am looking for , i need our operator to hanlde two or three calls established or ringing at one time

but this is not happened i dont know why could you please help ?

All depends by configuration. If you are and end user with no expertise or certification, the best approach is to engage someone that has it, or a Cisco Partner, to setup your system perfectly.

we are Cisco Premier Partner , we have good experience in IPT systems instalaltion and configuration but this problem we could not solve it could you please help

As mentioned, it a matter of configuration to be reviewed and troubleshooting to be done.

If you cannot locate anybody with the required knowledge, you can contact the the Cisco SBCS support.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

All SPA-500 series phones support 2 active calls or are a dual-line phone.

You can add more resources to it by burning buttons I.E having multiple blast groups and pointing each blast group to an associated button, this can give you 4 possible calls that can be run on the phone... But good luck trying to manage this

You can also do call mitigation by using Park Slots, so if the receptionist is a busy one, they need to be educated in taking the call, placing it on hold using a park slot, and then going round-robin on the calls and clearing them out... This is call flow mitigation practices.

Alternatively you can also use a B-ACD which is fully supported and configured by CCA, CCA will assist you with the process and then in the back ground do the required configuration on the system in the back ground. However if you have already established CLI work on the system this may be useless as CCA has low tolerance for OOB CLI configuration and may actually break your system.

Can you give us more back ground information on your system? E.G Is is a CCA built system, or is it a CLI based system or potentially a Hybrid of both??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

dear david

actually i am using CLI and CCA to configure the system i have in my netwrok .

is it reuired to have auto attendant active to be able to use B-ACD system please advise ?

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: