cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Overhead Paging

Joseph Chambers
Level 1
Level 1

What are the options for using IP Overhead Paging?

I'm looking at PagePro IPTM, SIP Based Paging Server, Model VIP-201.

Running 8.0.4 and CCA 2.2.5

I know the CCA can't configure a SIP device, but could I set up via CLI?

4 Replies 4

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

Honestly, the best solution would be to hand off paging on an FXS port to the Valcom paging unit.  I'm not sure if the VIP-201 will support that, but I know for a fact that Valcom has an IP solution that you can plug an FXS into, and then use IP based speakers.  I think you can use a VIP-801 to interface with an FXO port, but you need to confirm this with Valcom.  They are usually very helpful if you call their Presales line.

That won't work as the 2 bldgs are only joined via fiber.

If you use the VIP-201, you could put it in the server room where the UC500 resides and hand off analog there, then use IP speakers where you need them

I would imagine all you would need on the UC500 is a SIP dial-peer, something like:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern xxxx
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:172.22.15.3
codec g711ulaw

xxxx being the number you want to dial for paging

session target ipv4:172.22.15.3 - this would need to be the IP of the PagePro...

I'm not sure how the Page Pro's configuration is but I bet there is a document regarding Integration with Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: