cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iphone Cisco Mobile 8.0

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone using this? What are your thoughts? Is this compatible with the UC500 Series?

16 Replies 16

iVan.rgr10
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone can help me??  with the app cisco mobile 8.0 for iphone ?? im from mexico and i dont know how to install the app

thaks

Ivan Gomez

The latest App for Iphone is called "Cisco Jabber" (not "cisco Jabber IM"!), you can find it in the App Store.   It works with CME 8.6 and above, CLI configuration only.   CME 8.6 on UC500 has been delayed (again) until April 10th, and even after this I doubt it will be supported by the SB Support/CCA.

But it should unofficially work of course, it's simply a SIP endpoint.

Follow this guys excellent BLOG (once 8.6 is released for UC) and I'm pretty sure it'll be good to go.

http://www.ccierants.com/2011/05/finally-cisco-mobile-81-supports-cme-86.html

If you need an urgent alternative, you can use "Groundwire" (again in App store, but not Free) - it's a SIP client for Iphone that works pretty flawlessly with the UC500, and the configuration is same as above (although the MAC address can be anything).  Just use TCP if you want the backgrounding to work correctly.

p.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: