cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues that need to be fixed in Smart CallConnector Toolbar 2.2

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

We have a UC540 customer that was using Smart CallConnector Toolbar 2.1, and we have discovered that version 2.1 of the SCC toolbar is missing features that our customer really needs.

Here are the problems we found with SCC Toolbar 2.1:

• There is no transfer or conference button (unlike the toolbar included with the Unified CallConnector client).
  • We have to put a 9 in front of an external number in order to dial an external number.
  • The SCC Toolbar is missing the wand tool that highlights phone numbers and allows phone numbers to be dialed. The toolbar included in the Unified CallConnector client has the wand tool.

Here are the features that must be added to SCC Toolbar 2.2:

• The ability to transfer calls through the SCC Toolbar.
  • The ability to conference another party through the SCC toolbar.
  • The ability to dial external numbers without having to put a 9 in front of the number.
  • The wand tool to highlight numbers and allow highlighted numbers to be dialed.

We plan on selling more UC540 systems in the future, and our future customers expect these features to be included in the SCC Toolbar.

7 Replies 7

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

i agree, hopefully these are addressed in 2.2

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

John Platts ha scritto:

• The ability to dial external numbers without having to put a 9 in front of the number.
  • The wand tool to highlight numbers and allow highlighted numbers to be dialed.

Yes,

more generally we would like the ability to set translation rules to click and call numbers in any form, especially if preceded by international code and/or country code. And I would add in your wishlist:

• The ability to forward incoming call directly to voice-mail

Arturo.

Dear community members;

Thanks for your feedback. Please note the SCC Advanced Client provides actually what you are looking for.

The UCC Personal Client (not supported on UC500) actually provides same functionality as the SCC Advanced Client, less presence and IM which are available on the SCC version. Both are paid applications.

The toolbar is a basic free application, with the goal of introducing the users to the CTI environment. If they really want to exploit the benefits of it, I suggest you go for the SCC Advanced Client.

Anyhow, I will pass your comments to the SCC product management team.

Regards, and thanks for making our solutions better.

Alberto

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I totally agree about the 9 (or access number).  I brought this up in another post and received the same reponse.  It has to be one of the biggest oversights of this product.  If it was intentional, I don't think that should be admitted.  I wouldn't want to have to explain that to a customer.  In my opinion, it almost makes it useless even if it is free.  Besides, the name is SMART Call Connenctor -- not DUMB, not CUMBERSOME, or anything else.  The name is a total misnomer.  Maybe they should call it:  TRY-TO-FIGURE-OUT-HOW-TO-CLICK-TO-DIAL-AND-MAYBE-YOUR-CALL-WILL-CONNECT-BUT-MAYBE-NOT-AND-BY-THE-WAY-IT'S-NOT-REALLY-CLICK-TO-DIAL-SO-CONSIDER-GETTING-THE-PAID-VERSION Call Connector. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3435159#3435159

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Just so you guys are aware, the 9 prefix is easy to fix.

On Windows 7:

Control Panel -> Phone and Modem

1. Select "My Location"

2. Press "Edit"

3. Enter "9" for "To access an outside line for local calls, dial" and "To access an outside line for long-distance calls, dial"

This should be similar on Windows XP.

It is also possible to do some basic dialing rules from the "Area Code Rules" tab of that window.

Also, does the SCC Advanced client offer this "wand tool" mentioned? It's not something I've seen before.

Actually the opposite is true: Adding dialing rules to Windows is not a fix.  The Toolbar makes you put in the access number.  It's all in the posts I believe. 

I install both the toolbar and the TAPI driver on a regular basis -- putting the access code in the modem options in windows DOES in fact fix the issue.