cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Dialing w/o Area Code

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

So as of recently (last 6 months or so) i've always been setting up the UC5xx's with CCA.  Simply becuase of the support requirements.

That said I try to avoid CLI when possible.  I've seen that when I touch certain things in CLI they become inaccessible via the CCA.  So that said how would I go about creating a dial peer in the CCA that would allow for local dialing without area code.

I have done this before where basically it just sends all digits after timeout but i'd prefer to do it the correct way.. I just don't know if thats even possible.

10 Replies 10

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Outgoing dial plan GUI. Select North American 7 for example and this gives you regular expression for local 7 digits.

Or modify the existing rules on the same GUI.

Steve

I checked it out and saw the

Local - 7-Digit Local - 9 - [2-9] - 7 - 9[2-9]xxxxxx

Which leads me to belive it should work.  The user was complaining that it didn't work.  So I'm guessing its user error.  I'll have to check it out while on site.

I wish there was a way to send test calls via CLI/CCA.

There is a dial plan test in either Monitor or troubleshooting drawer. I wish CCA was an IPhone app, so i could check right now for ya

Wondering if they are dialing 9?

Steve

Sure, but for testing Skype/etc its nice to be able to actually make a call without having to be onsite.

With regards to dialing a 9.  I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't.. its for a home and theres been a steep learning curve thus far.  They've asked if I could remove the 9 requirement.. I know its possible but it also introduces a lot of complexity.

Since you mentioned Skype... They probably want 10 digits for local.

You can ' debug ccsip messages' and look at what comes back from the INVITE.

Steve DiStefano

Technical Solutions Architect - Partner Sales, USA

Cisco Systems

7025 Kit Creek Road

Research Triangle Park

North Carolina, 27709

sdistef@cisco. com

www.cisco.com/smb

When trying to dial India.

008810: //56434/5EEDFB688F2B/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:
Received:
SIP/2.0 484 Address Incomplete
From: "Sophia Desk" <>99051000131431@sip.skype.com>;tag=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: <>011911141234123@sip.skype.com>;tag=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Call-ID: 6383AED0-52A411E0-8F30C0B7-7389F838@sip.skype.com
CSeq: 102 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 173.13.147.133:5060;branch=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Content-Length: 0

When trying to dial local via Skype it works.

Its both PSTN/SIP.  I just flip flop the priority for testing. It works fine Incoming.

I do have funds on the Skype Profile.  Is there another setting I need to do on Skype to allow international outbound?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcus,

If you are allowed to try and setup EZYVPN and use the Cisco VPN client to log into the system.

Then create a test DN with an extension number in the upper reaches of their existing number plan.. Then use the CIPC to log into the system and you can then conduct all the testing you want till your heart is content this is how I try to get every deployment setup, remote acess is critical with any Cisco phone system so no matter what I always try for remote connectivity.

You can use CCA to debug outbound calls whilst you are making them so as to not trouble local staff to do it for you.

Just a thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

This is smart thinking.  I've always left a $300 netbook behind for the initial 3-4 months after install for remoting into via LogMeIn/Etc and working on the initial bugs/accessing via CCA/etc.

I don't have much experience w/EZVPN.  I'm pretty old school so I've got standard tunnels to alot of our clients and I have a few 7970's here that register with our biggest client for testing / etc.

I'll have to give your method a try.  Or maybe I can install a Cisco Softphone on the laptop I have there.  I can't believe I didn't think of that until now.

Hi Marcus,

If you already have existing VPN tunnels in place then just use a .PCF file and import that into the Cisco VPN client, I can upload a blank .PCF file for you and you can edit it with a txt editor (I highly recommend PSPad because it is free ).

I attached a blank one anyway just incase, or you can just re-create it within the VPN client itself and that is GUI based then

Just incase you havent got the Cisco VPN client, you can get it here

Good luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

My tunnels are all static on my 871.  But I think the softphone + cisco vpn client is a great idea.