cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for info on how to send email notifications that use got voicemail

UC540

SP 8.6

Hello,

How do I set up email alerts that inform a user that they got a new voicemail?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Clifford,

1. Log into Unity Express GUI

2. Administration -> SMTP settings.  Enter your SMTP server and port, un/pw if required by your smtp server. If using exchange, you may need to allow unauthenticated email for this to work.

3.  Voice Mail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration. Enable system wide notification (choose all or urgent). I also checked "attach message to outgoing email notification" I think its a useful feature.

4. Configure -> Users, click the user(s) you want notifications for, Go to notification tab, click email inbox, check "enable" notification to this device, enter the email address, text, etc. I set the schedule to always notify 24/7.  Apply. Close pop up. Enable email inbox notification, apply.  Then, go back to the Profile tab, check "Enable notification for this user/group" at the bottom, and apply.

5. Test and repeat for other users.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Clifford,

1. Log into Unity Express GUI

2. Administration -> SMTP settings.  Enter your SMTP server and port, un/pw if required by your smtp server. If using exchange, you may need to allow unauthenticated email for this to work.

3.  Voice Mail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration. Enable system wide notification (choose all or urgent). I also checked "attach message to outgoing email notification" I think its a useful feature.

4. Configure -> Users, click the user(s) you want notifications for, Go to notification tab, click email inbox, check "enable" notification to this device, enter the email address, text, etc. I set the schedule to always notify 24/7.  Apply. Close pop up. Enable email inbox notification, apply.  Then, go back to the Profile tab, check "Enable notification for this user/group" at the bottom, and apply.

5. Test and repeat for other users.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

On a follow up note -

If you are trying to send out through a third party server that uses different ports or encryption or whatnot, you can use a program like stunnel on a machine in your network that you can send to, and it will redirect it to that third party email server.

Example -

I used Google Apps, so I have the UC send it to a Windows station running stunnel which in turn sends it over to a group email in Google Apps which in turn sends it to all associated email addresses.  I have a group voicemail box that forwards to BusinessSupport@xxxxx.com which google forwards to a couple of individuals' email addresses.

Thank you all