cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make a Cisco SPA 303 ring by sending a packet through your network?

geniouskid1998
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, and I need to know for my business, is there any way at all for me to make my Cisco SPA 303 VOIP Phone to ring by sending a packet through my local network?

I would like to just be able to click a button or send a command throught the command prompt and make it ring, but I don't know if there is any way for this to happen.

Thank!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you know perl?

I had same issue and I wrote a simple perl script that works as wake up service.

PERL is an interpreted language and so can be executed on Linux and  Windows operating systems. Linux can interpret perl natively while for  Windows you can download many free interpreters like Activeperl or  Strawberry perl. To run the script you must use a third party server.

In my configuration the script runs on a linux server in background as a service and checks every minute the  directory called "alarm", reads files and uses the file name as called  number and checks the content to verify if is the time to call. At the moment the script uses SIP and handles 4 call responses: 404 user  not found, 486 busy, 487 not answer and 200 answer ok.  In every cases sends an email and deletes files. Only for the answer  case plays a nice music.

Files have this particular format: file name is equal to calling  party number and file content is the alarm time in 24 hours format  with : as separator between hours and minutes.

e.g.

ext. 101 must be called at 8 am ---> write the file 101.txt with the content 08:00

ext. 101 must be called at 8:30 am ---> write the file 101.txt with the content 08:30

There is a limitation: if you activate the Authentication for SIP messages and there are more  then two simultaneous calls, the script sends some INVITEs without  authentication or with wrong checksum and so not all phones ring. This  problem is under investigation.

Are you intresting?

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I'm curious.

Yes, it's possible.

But, what is your exact goal?

Is your SPA registered to a PBX?

Do you know the ip address of the SPA?

You can write a simple perl script that sends a SIP INVITE, but the phone must be able to receive the SIP message.

Regards.

Hey, thanks for helping me out.

My goal is to set it up so that I can get a wake up call on set days.  I know there are thrid party websites that offer this, but none of them allow you to set it up so that it calls an extension.

Yes, my SPA is registered to a PBX.  The PBX Service Provider is Phone.com.  The local IP Address of the SPA is "192.168.1.8."

Please continue helping me, I really do appreciate it.

Thanks

Brendan Feys

Do you know perl?

I had same issue and I wrote a simple perl script that works as wake up service.

PERL is an interpreted language and so can be executed on Linux and  Windows operating systems. Linux can interpret perl natively while for  Windows you can download many free interpreters like Activeperl or  Strawberry perl. To run the script you must use a third party server.

In my configuration the script runs on a linux server in background as a service and checks every minute the  directory called "alarm", reads files and uses the file name as called  number and checks the content to verify if is the time to call. At the moment the script uses SIP and handles 4 call responses: 404 user  not found, 486 busy, 487 not answer and 200 answer ok.  In every cases sends an email and deletes files. Only for the answer  case plays a nice music.

Files have this particular format: file name is equal to calling  party number and file content is the alarm time in 24 hours format  with : as separator between hours and minutes.

e.g.

ext. 101 must be called at 8 am ---> write the file 101.txt with the content 08:00

ext. 101 must be called at 8:30 am ---> write the file 101.txt with the content 08:30

There is a limitation: if you activate the Authentication for SIP messages and there are more  then two simultaneous calls, the script sends some INVITEs without  authentication or with wrong checksum and so not all phones ring. This  problem is under investigation.

Are you intresting?

Regards.