Views
Helpful
Replies

Mask Public WAN IP Address from ISP

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Just a quick question I am working on a project in Poland and have got all my UC520 kit with me. I use a Polish ISP Netia. Is it possible somehow to mask my WAN Ip address to match my UK ISP BT broadband IP address. The reason for asking is that I cannot access any of my Sky online services and other UK related websites. If this can be done without going through a proxy server based in the UK and can be done by simple CLI code this would stop the heart ache.

Thanks Brian

2 Replies 2

pro4ianyc
Level 1
Level 1

most likely not.. i'll wait for the experts to comment :)

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Brian,

There is not a way to mask or spoof your ip address on the WAN interface. The only real way to get around this is using MPLS. MPLS uses a "layer 2.5" marking just after the mac address to identify its route through the isp cloud. This would keep the isp from looking at the layer 3 address. If you had an MPLS tunnel back to the "home" network then you could consider it as a work around for your situation. The only other way is to use a proxy server.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: