Views
Helpful
Replies

multi party video conference

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I need to know if you can have multiple participants in a conference display video with the CUVA cameras and UC500? I've had a request to quote out a video conferencing solution. My background is UC500 only, and I'm having difficulty deciding if I want to offer up anything or point them in a better direction. Where that direction would be has also got me scratching. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephanie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using Webex over the public WAN, yes.   Multiple parties in square boxes.  All using CUVA.  You can detach any one and make it larger.  You can view up to 6 simultaneously.

In the UC500 we support point to point Video only.  Using the CUVA plugged into the PC (USB) and the PC plugged into the Phone's PC Port, and Video enabled.  Or CUVA with CIPC (soft phone) also running on the laptop plugged into the UC500 LAN.

We dont have a conferencing solution in UC500 today, but I would think the Tandberg acquisition will change this game shortly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using Webex over the public WAN, yes.   Multiple parties in square boxes.  All using CUVA.  You can detach any one and make it larger.  You can view up to 6 simultaneously.

In the UC500 we support point to point Video only.  Using the CUVA plugged into the PC (USB) and the PC plugged into the Phone's PC Port, and Video enabled.  Or CUVA with CIPC (soft phone) also running on the laptop plugged into the UC500 LAN.

We dont have a conferencing solution in UC500 today, but I would think the Tandberg acquisition will change this game shortly.

Thanks for the info. Looks like Cisco is right on time. I can see the direction, now I just need to find the road.

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: