Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple level Hunt group

billymobilizer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Can BE3K support multiple level hunt groups ?  For example ,   I create a  blast group (  Cisco called it  "broadcast"  group in BE3K) with pilot number 300 ,  then create another sequencial hunt group with pilot number 301.   Can I make the hunt group (301)  as as a memeber of  the blast gruop (300).

If BE3K doesn't support it ,  is there a walkaround ?

This BE3k is on Version 8.6.4.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Billy

What is the use case? This is not supported, that is you can not add one huntlist pilot number in another one. Would not this cause a circular loop in some cases?

In a hunt list, if the call is unanswered, then you can select the call to be forwarded to AA. One of selections of AA can be the hunt pilot 301, from your example.

Thanks

"Hunt group A not answer then forwarding to Hunt Group B" I believe is very common feature for general customer.  For example, call not answered by department A then fowards  to deparment B.   I know Cisco UC500 allows you to do so but the hunt group in BE3K only allows call forward  to an extension instead of a hunt group.

Yeah I agree. This is being added in next release.

Thanks

chrish_london
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Sounds like you having as much 'fun' as I am with the BE3K. I have a solution for you but may not be suitable in all cases.

I needed to broadcast to 2 users and if they don't answer broadcast to everyone....this is how I got it working.

Main number rings in to pilot (8900) which broadcasts to 2 users and I then placed a forward if no extensions are available

to a user 8001. Note this user is not an actual user of the system. The user (8001) I set a call forward all to 8990 - a second hunt list. This hunt list has everyone else in as a broadcast group.

Not ideal I know and uses a license just to get a basic hunt list working. Hope this helps you out.