cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Turned Off but Still Stays on For One User

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

A site wants all MWIs turned off.  A cisco tech gave me this command to run from CUE CLI:

ccn application ciscomwiapplication aa

no enabled

end

All of the MWIs are turned off on all phones except for one.  Even if the user has no voicemails, the phone still lights up the MWI.

I setup a softphone with that extension.  The MWI was lit on the softphone as well.  I tried removing and readding the ephone dn but that did not make a difference.

I tried multiple MWI refreshes with no change.

I could try to remove and readd the mailbox but I am trying to avoid that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you dial the MWI off number? For example, if the MWI off number is 1000 and the DN in question is 2000, try dialing 10002000 from the phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you dial the MWI off number? For example, if the MWI off number is 1000 and the DN in question is 2000, try dialing 10002000 from the phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason,

You can use CCA as well in the topology view and right click on the phone itself and refresh MWI status, I have heard this can sometimes resolve that problem, although I am not too certain what it does in the background, probably does what Brandon suggested even

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

When I ran the show ephone registered command, I noticed something interesting.  Maybe it is related.  Maybe it is not.  I bolded the lines in question.  On all other phones, button 1 says just 'shared with monitor-ring.'  The phone that is having a problem says 'mwi shared with monitor-ring.'  I am not sure how to change this.  The dn's for these phones are identical in configuration.

ephone-4[3] Mac:001D.E5EA.9C8E TCP socket:[11] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 8/8 max_streams=1 SPCP ver 1/1

mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:12 privacy:1

IP:192.168.10.15 * 27628 CP-524G  keepalive 13434 max_line 4 available_line 4 DnD

button 1: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)

dn 84 number 101 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         mwi shared with monitor-ring

button 2: cw:1 ccw:(0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0)

dn 82 number 106 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         CH3   IDLE         CH4   IDLE         CH5   IDLE         CH6   IDLE         CH7   IDLE         CH8   IDLE         watch(BLF on phone 6) shared with monitor-ring

button 3: cw:1 ccw:(0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0)

dn 76 number 113 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         CH3   IDLE         CH4   IDLE         CH5   IDLE         CH6   IDLE         CH7   IDLE         CH8   IDLE         watch(BLF on phone 12) shared with monitor-ring

button 4: cw:1 ccw:(0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0)

dn 87 number 102 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         CH3   IDLE         CH4   IDLE         CH5   IDLE         CH6   IDLE         CH7   IDLE         CH8   IDLE         watch(BLF on phone 1) shared with monitor-ring

Preferred Codec: g711ulaw

Lpcor Type: none Username: Office101 Password:

ephone-15[14] Mac:001D.E5EA.9C8B TCP socket:[4] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 8/8 max_streams=1 SPCP ver 1/1

mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:12 privacy:1

IP:192.168.10.14 * 2499 CP-524G  keepalive 51352 max_line 4 available_line 4

button 1: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)

dn 73 number 104 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         shared with monitor-ring

button 2: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)

dn 84 number 101 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         mwi watch(BLF on phone 16) shared with monitor-ring

button 3: cw:1 ccw:(0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0)

dn 75 number 103 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         CH3   IDLE         CH4   IDLE         CH5   IDLE         CH6   IDLE         CH7   IDLE         CH8   IDLE         watch(BLF on phone 13) shared with monitor-ring

button 4: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)

dn 77 number 105 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE         watch(BLF on phone 11) shared with monitor-ring

Preferred Codec: g711ulaw

Lpcor Type: none Username: Office104 Password:

Hi Jason,

I have logged into multiple systems and am unable to see the same issue as what your system is representing (Bolded lines).

Is there a way to remove that specific phone configuration and re-instate it?

Also can you show me the config of the ephone itself so I can see how it even shared the lines with the MWI, I was always under the impressing it couldn't do this unless you actually specified it on the ephone itself, which would make no sense to do so

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

ephone  4
device-security-mode none
mac-address 001D.E5EA.9C8E
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "Office101" password
type 524G
button  1:84 2w82 3w76 4w87

I forgot I setup a softphone with button 1:84 to see if the light lit up on the softphone.  It does.  I removed the button from the softphone but that did not change the mwi shared monitor config line.

I realized mwi shared with monitor-ring just means the MWI is lit up.  I think the MWI is in a separate column if there were headings on the columns.

To fix this I changed the following:

ephone-dn  69
number A801... no-reg primary
mwi off
to

ephone-dn  69
number 8001... no-reg primary
mwi off

Then I dialed 8001101 from my phone.  That turned the MWI off.  I changed it back to A801... just to keep it standard.

Thanks everyone for the help and input.