cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help on UC320W outbound calls!!!

jayback55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my client has UC320W. the office has 3 FXO lines.

they are claiming that they can't make outbound calls on 1, 2 FXO lines (inbound calls are fine).

it just drops after dial the numbers.

however 3rd line has no problem to dial out.

one weird thing.

I setup to dial 9 to make outbound calls.

3rd line, which works fine, doesnt need to dial 9 to call out.

you can just dial 1xxx-xxx-xxxx.

the other 2 lines wont work 9xxx-xxx-xxxx nor 1xxx-xxx-xxxx

it just drops.

please help!!!!!

Jay

5 Replies 5

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jay,

Did you configure the 3rd line as the shared FXO line? If yes, it's expected to press the shared FXO line button and dial out directly without dialing the steering digit.

If you hook an anlog phone to the 1st and 2nd phone line bypassing UC320W, can you dial out successfully?

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi Wendy,

thanks for your input.

I set up each line (FXO) plugged each number (1, 2 and 3).

On 'Line (FXO) ports', enabled each port

on 'Shared FXO Lines'. i created 3 different shared FXO line and assign each FXO trunk.

did I do OK?

I am not at mu client site, so I cant test with analog phone.

thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

It seems that all FXO lines are configured as shared FXO line. You just need to press the shared FXO phone button and directly dial out without dialing steering digit.

Please run impedance matching tool at FXO Ports page. If it doesn't help, test with the ananlog phone or switch the working phone line to the 2nd and the 3rd FXO port to see if the issue follows FXO port or FXO phone line.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

sorry for the late reply.

thanks for the quick reply again.

Is it wrong to set all FXO lines as separated shared FXO lines and assign individual PSTN numbers?

I tried to run impedance matching tools and it returns with errors.

I will test analog phones with PSTN lines on Monday morning and will let you know the result.

once again, interesting thing is line 3 is fine to dial out, but line 1 and line 2, it disconnect (or back to default screen on phone's LCD) right after pressing 10th digit of phone number.

my client cant make call out and they are very upset with this!!!

BTW, they have no problem with incoming.

Verizon (thier carrier) phone guy came to the place and tested thier line and comes with no error on thier part.

they say, it is our phone system configuration error.

please help me...

PS: is there anyway to contact (phone call or remote access help) one of you expert on Monday morning 3/11 morning around 10am PST?

thank you

my cisco partner id is jayback55.

Hi Jay,

It is perfect fine to configure all FXO lines as separated shared FXO lines and assign individual PSTN numbers. Are these 3 FXO lines are with the same service provider? If you hook an analog phone to the phone line, what are the dialing plan you can dial out? Do you need to dial the steering digit? If yes, then the service provider sets the UC320W as the centrex PBX.. Please let me know. I will send you a PMF to correct the FXO line dial plan. When you press the shared FXO line button 2 or 3, do you hear the stutter tone or normal dial tone? If it's stutter tone, the FXO line may be configured with voice mail service by your service provider and there are voice messages. It may affect the call to be dialed out.

If you can't figure cout what it is going on, please contact the Small Business Support Center at the phone number listed (Please pick the appropriate phone number in your region) in the link attached. One of our Engineers should be able to assist you with this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

Wendy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: