cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need some help trying to configure the UC520 with a static IP address.

lukekrouse
Level 1
Level 1

I have done this before where I created a vlan and then configured the IP address and then assigned that vlan to a particular port on the uc520 and then plugged my network cable into that port and everything was good. However, I have tried those same steps this time and have had no such luck. I am by no means an expert on the uc520 but am comfortable navigating from CLI. Is there anybody that has a document or somebody can help me get my uc520 configured with a static IP address on my internal network. Any help would be greatly apprecitaed.

Thanks,

Luke

3 Replies 3

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Are you configuring the IP address on VLAN 1 or have you created another VLAN?

Steve,

I created another Vlan. If you have a better way to do this I am up for any suggestions.

Hi There Luke,

I created another Vlan. If you have a better way to do this I am up for any suggestions.

I don't know if my suggestions would be a better way per'se, but why don't you leave everything as standard, and instead use the "ip dhcp pool" section and use a client identifier, and then issue yourself a static IP that way?

It would look something like this:

ip dhcp pool MYsystem
   host 10.10.2.10 255.255.255.0
   client-identifier 0100.1111.2222.33
   default-router 10.10.2.254
   dns-server 123.123.123.123 123.123.123.125
   domain-name domain.local

The bolded and in Red part is the client ID, you put this in front of your MAC address, however though do not modify the default pools that are there, add this in as a separate one.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: