Views
Helpful
Replies

new deployment, no MWI on phones

cmurray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I recently deployed a new UC560 system with SPA525G2 phones and for whatever reason, I cannot get a MWI to display on the phones. I used CCA to configure the system, and I have not changed any of the voicemail pilot numbers etc (I kept the defaults). The only change was to use 4 digit extensions.

When I do a debug ccsip messages I do not see an invite to the phone after the message is left in the users mailbox.

Any ideas of where to start looking?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have had a simillar problem.

First step is to go to cli and sit infront of a phone that you know the extension of.

put in the following command:

csim start A800.... (where the .... is the number of the extension of the phone where you're sitting, also make sure A is capital). See if the mwi switches on.

after that put in the following command:

csim start A801... to turn the MWI off.

Leave a voice message after on the phone by dialing 6.... (where the .... is the number of the extension).

See if the mwi comes on. If it does not, then do a show run and in the voice service section check the bindings.

A guy from cisco support removed the binding statements by going no binding etc (there was three of them).

After he removed them MWI started working fine.

Before you remove the binding statements pleaset do a copy run start. If it does not work, reload your uc500.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have had a simillar problem.

First step is to go to cli and sit infront of a phone that you know the extension of.

put in the following command:

csim start A800.... (where the .... is the number of the extension of the phone where you're sitting, also make sure A is capital). See if the mwi switches on.

after that put in the following command:

csim start A801... to turn the MWI off.

Leave a voice message after on the phone by dialing 6.... (where the .... is the number of the extension).

See if the mwi comes on. If it does not, then do a show run and in the voice service section check the bindings.

A guy from cisco support removed the binding statements by going no binding etc (there was three of them).

After he removed them MWI started working fine.

Before you remove the binding statements pleaset do a copy run start. If it does not work, reload your uc500.

Hope it helps

removing the bind commands are you mentioned fixed the issue. As soon as I did that, after leaving a VM i saw the sip invite to A800EXTEN pass through.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, I had the same problem. Apparently, software pak 8.6 adds 2 bind statementns that are having an effect on the MWI. You have to go to cli and remove.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

supplementary-service h450.12

sip

no bind control source-interface Vlan100

no bind media source-interface Vlan100

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: