cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New setup question on the UC320 and remote phone

michael
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into getting the UC320. I already have an SPA8800 running off of asterisk and FXO lines. I only have two phones the SPA303 one here in the office and another phone at a home address. I want to get rid of my asterisk -freepbx- system and replace it with the UC320 or maybe the UC540.

My question is can I still have a remote phone in a remote location with the UC320 or do I need to go with something like the UC540 or even the 3000 edition.

I was also wondering if I want to use a sip phone, like a free softphone, will it hook up to any cisco system or do they only allow the cisco programs to connect to it to be used like a phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

It will depend upon your timeframe.  Today, only the UC500 series supports remote phones.  The UC320W team is actively working on teleworker support and is expected to be available via a feature release mid 2012.

UC320W endpoints are currently limited to SPA300, SPA500 phones.  This is largely to ensure a consistent and validated SIP service set on the system.

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Michael,

It will depend upon your timeframe.  Today, only the UC500 series supports remote phones.  The UC320W team is actively working on teleworker support and is expected to be available via a feature release mid 2012.

UC320W endpoints are currently limited to SPA300, SPA500 phones.  This is largely to ensure a consistent and validated SIP service set on the system.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you for the reply. So I take it if I go with the uc540 I can still use my SPA8800?

Hi Michael,

I don't believe the SPA8800 is supported on the UC500.  There a VIC cards for expanding FXO port capacity on the UC500.

Chris

UC500 is not supported with the SPA8800 but configuration is very simple to setup and works fine. See the post below where someone posted a sample config.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2074146

How is e911 handled in this case? If the remote user dials 911, what happens?

I meant to direct this to you. How is e911 handeled in this case? If the remote user dials 911, what happens? What address is sent?

Hi,

UC320 does not currently support remote teleworkers.  We do plan to support teleworkers in an upcoming feature release.  If your question is for the UC500, it is probably best asked in the UC500 support forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: