Views
Helpful
Replies

New to UC560 need documentation

nathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

My company is purchasing a UC560.  Can someone please direct me to the best way to learn about this product?  I saw a book on amazon that apparently is good for the  UC500 ( http://www.amazon.com/Voice-Official-Certification-Guide-640-460/dp/1587202077/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1316539998&sr=8-3 )

Is reading a book on UC500 suitable to prepare me to configure a UC560?  If not, what book does anyone recommend? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nathan,

The best learning method if you have never played with any Cisco SMB products is to actually play with it and break it and then learn how to recover from it, there is also plenty of You Tube videos out there and these forums are actually probably more fruitful then a book as a book will not bring to light the issues that you will no doubt be faced with.

The other thing you should really consider is aligning yourself with a Cisco Partner to do the initial build of the system and get them to walk you through it, it is a small cost to have to pay and would save you money, time and plenty of lost hair from hitting the wall at certain stages.

And lastly do not venture into this without using CCA 3.1.1, if you have a CCO and it allows you to download it then this is your best friend, pretty much like Google is

If you do not have access to CCA then I would encourage you not to embark on this path as you will be venturing down a potentially nightmarish path with plenty of regret to come out of it.

What will help us seasoned UC engineers is if you can tell us how you plan on building this system, what type of environment is it going into, how many staff is it going to support and how do you want the ingress/egress calls to be handled, and lastly what are the call routing rules you want to impose and how they are imposed.

Spend as much time as you can researching what you want done and how you want it done before you jump into it, it may save you a lot of headaches.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Nathan,

Look here if you want to really learn something

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836

Have a great day

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nathan,

The best learning method if you have never played with any Cisco SMB products is to actually play with it and break it and then learn how to recover from it, there is also plenty of You Tube videos out there and these forums are actually probably more fruitful then a book as a book will not bring to light the issues that you will no doubt be faced with.

The other thing you should really consider is aligning yourself with a Cisco Partner to do the initial build of the system and get them to walk you through it, it is a small cost to have to pay and would save you money, time and plenty of lost hair from hitting the wall at certain stages.

And lastly do not venture into this without using CCA 3.1.1, if you have a CCO and it allows you to download it then this is your best friend, pretty much like Google is

If you do not have access to CCA then I would encourage you not to embark on this path as you will be venturing down a potentially nightmarish path with plenty of regret to come out of it.

What will help us seasoned UC engineers is if you can tell us how you plan on building this system, what type of environment is it going into, how many staff is it going to support and how do you want the ingress/egress calls to be handled, and lastly what are the call routing rules you want to impose and how they are imposed.

Spend as much time as you can researching what you want done and how you want it done before you jump into it, it may save you a lot of headaches.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Nathan,

Look here if you want to really learn something

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836

Have a great day

nathan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone!