cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night service turns off by itself on weekends?

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a customer that has a scheduled night service. They are closed on the weekend but when they come in Monday mornings the phones are always out of night service. This only happens Monday mornings so I don't know when it turns off the night service on the weekend. The rest of the week it functions correctly.I've posted a screenshot of the CCA config. Also the Business schedule is enabled and has boxes checked from 8:30 to 5:30.

Do you think it would resolve the issue if I had the system do night service from 00:01 to 23:58 so it goes in and out quickly in the middle of the night or have I configured it wrong?

Thanks!

NIGHT_SERVICE.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Daniel,

You would need to set "Saturday" for 08:30 > 23:59 and "Sunday" for 00:00 > 08:30 if that makes sense

Basically how it is set now appears to turn night-service off at 08:30 on Saturday Morning and does not come back on until Midnight Saturday and turns off again Midnight Sunday.

I know this might be a little confusing and it gets just about everyone, and it took me ages to work out what I was doing wrong myself.

Give it a shot and let us know how you go

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

Generally how I would do it:

Friday = 17:00 - 16:00 (Friday 5PM to Saturday 4PM)

Saturday = 16:00 - 15:00 (Saturday 4PM to Sunday 3PM)

Sunday = 15:00 - 9:00 (Sunday 3PM to Monday 9AM)

This is similar to what David was describing.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May I ask if the phones are connected to Cisco Catalyst switches or not.  If they are, can you specify the exact model?

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

The two main reception sets are CISCO 7962 with side cars and the rest of the sets are spa509g's. There are two switches.ESW  520, 24 port POE.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Daniel,

You would need to set "Saturday" for 08:30 > 23:59 and "Sunday" for 00:00 > 08:30 if that makes sense

Basically how it is set now appears to turn night-service off at 08:30 on Saturday Morning and does not come back on until Midnight Saturday and turns off again Midnight Sunday.

I know this might be a little confusing and it gets just about everyone, and it took me ages to work out what I was doing wrong myself.

Give it a shot and let us know how you go

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David

I see what you mean. The "from" column is the current day but the to column is actually the next day. Is that correct?

Hi Daniel,

Errrrrr...!!!! Yeah I think that sounds right LOL

This is actually quite confusing at times, or maybe that's just my inability to comprehend

Cheers,

David.

Its neither actually.

Night service uses a 24 hour clock.

The "To" time is just the next time that the clock hits that time -- that could be the same day, or the next.

So... basically... if the "To" time is higher than the "From" time it will happen on the same day, if the "To" time is LOWER than the "From time, it will happen on the following day.

Ah okay good stuff.... So we are all still in agreement then that the original answer by David Trad will resolve the issue?

Dan

Generally how I would do it:

Friday = 17:00 - 16:00 (Friday 5PM to Saturday 4PM)

Saturday = 16:00 - 15:00 (Saturday 4PM to Sunday 3PM)

Sunday = 15:00 - 9:00 (Sunday 3PM to Monday 9AM)

This is similar to what David was describing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I think this will work. I'm going to leave it setup how David suggested but I do now have an understanding of the exact operation for future use.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: