Views
Helpful
Replies

No ring on SPA525G

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got a user phoned up whos SPA525G attached to a UC520 has stopped ringing. Display works and shows incoming call - it is just silent.

I imagine the user has managed to mute it somehow - but I've had her do a factory reset and restart it and it is still silent.

Is there anything I can do to get it back or might it be faulty?

Thanks,

Adam

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Did they set the phone for silent ring?  Did they set the phone for DND?  Both of those would have this effect.

Hello,

I have just installed a SPA525G, upgraded the firmware to 7.4.3, then had excatly the same problem. I have had to revert to factory settings twice. It seems, although the evidence is only circumstancial, that the problem occurs after trying to change the ringtone. After the last time factory reset I did not try to change the ringone, and so far (after a few hours) the phone is still working normally.

Regards

Ian

What type of ring tone where you using?  I do know of 1 issue with ringtones.

CSCte03185—No audio sent or received when using MP3 as a ringtone in the directory.

Issue: If you create a contact in the Personal Address Book and assign it a ringtone

created from an MP3 file, when calls are made to the Cisco SPA 525G phone from

that contact, no audio ringtone is heard.

Workaround: Do not assign a ringtone created from an MP3 file to the contact. If

the contact has an MP3-created ringtone, temporarily change it to one of the

Classic or Simple ringtones.

Are you using MP3 player ringtones?

Using the web interface, I was cycling through the supplied ringtones to choose one. In the end, I settled for "office". When I called the phone from another number, the lights flashed, but there was no audible ring. When I picked up the phone, the call was connected but there was no voice in either direction. I did a factory reset, and then used the phone inteface to select the same ringtone. The same thing happened - no ring and no audio. I reset the phone again, and did not change the ringtone. So far, so good.

Ian.

Under User Preserences: Ring Settings on the phone GUI, can you "PLAY" the various tones from the phone (without selecting them for operational use)?

sdistef a écrit:

Under User Preserences: Ring Settings on the phone GUI, can you "PLAY" the various tones from the phone (without selecting them for operational use)?

No.

I'm using SIP.

Ian

Are you using SPCP or SIP mode?  I don't believe that office is a supplied ringtone in SPCP mode but a custom one.

Good point Steven.  I dont see "Office" on my SPA525G SPCP mode phone.....