cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of Cisco UC500 you can have in the network

5lchaffin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to put 9 UC500 models in the network one at each store with a PRI going to each, he wants them to be able to send calls over the internal MPLS WAN to other offices where there would be a UC500 model. Any problem with this?

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Larry,

From memory I believe you can connect up too 5 or 10 UC-500 together when using VPN tunnels, however if you are running over an MPLS network I can not see any reason as to why you couldn't go the whole 9 of them.

Are you going to be running a flat network?

Your worst case scenario is that you would need to put another router in a central spot where you can do either a Hub-Spoke or Meshed VPN setup, but again I doubt that is required as I am in the throws of deploying UC-500 to 30 odd locations with all sites residing on an MPLS network.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I would think if they are on a mpls I dont have to do any vpn so i should be able to do it.

Hi Larry,

I'd say if all you want them to do is allow for WAN calling, then this shouldn't be a problem, you would just need to create the dial-peers on all UC-500 to be pointing to each other and what extensions can be called from each UC.

Shouldn't be too hard :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Larry,

VPN over MPLS seems a bit overkill. I realized the same thing my self, when i did my first multisite over a MPLS network.  The multisite wizard produces the VPN script by default and the dial-peer script when it is run. I have asked Product management a while ago for the option to select don't encrypt  as a option for the multisite wizard.

regards Dave

So there is no way to turn off the site to site vpn when using the script to set it up?

Hi Larry,

The answer today is , there is no way to turn off site to site VPN when using the multisite wizard to set it up multisite.

Can you manually  get rid of the site to site VPN across the MPLS network ?..of course.  The multisite wizard produces a distinctive script, so compare the before and after running configuration of your UC500 and go from there.

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: