cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Manager beta: change port

hugh.schexnider
Level 1
Level 1

I needed to change SSL port for CCA to 4433 because I am running exchange and CCA would not connect. When using CCA I am able to change the port in advanced options prior to connection. I do not see the same options in OM beta. Is there away to change that in OM or does someone have a better setup for runing CCA and OM over port 443 and running exchange internally?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I just got some feedback from the OM team indicating as you have found, that this is not supported.   I have raised it to the awareness of the PM and they will have to determine how it ranks on their list of features and enhancements, so I cant give any commitment.

"we don’t support changing the hard coded ports but since we don’t use 443 on the UC there is no reason it should not connect and read in the configuration. So if you want to collect some logs, we can see what was really happening.   If they have port 23 blocked then that will cause OM problems, we connect via http (80) and Telnet (23)."

If you want to collect OM Logs:

OM normally runs at the normal trace level, this only allows errors to be placed in the log files. If a user is having problems with OM follow the steps descibed below:

1. Clear      out the old logs
  2. Turn      on the debug trace level
  3. Exit      OM
  4. Restart      OM
  5. Recreate      problem
  6. Change      trace level back to normal This is important or the log files will get      very large and consume a lot of disk space.
  7. Collect      log file(s).

OM has the capability to clear the logs, set normal and debug trace levels. Click on the "Advanced Settings" menu and at the bottom of the screen in the Miscellaneous section you will see three buttons: "Clear Logs", "Set Normal Trace" and "Set Debug Trace". Use these buttons for the appropriate step above.

For the last step (Collecting the log file(s)), you will need to look in the directory that OM was installed in. This defaults to:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business Office Manager"

What you need to get is all the files that start with 'Cisco-OM-Log', the best way is to zip it/them up and then email them to the support person.

Steve D

SE

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im asking the OM beta team for you.

Hi,

I just got some feedback from the OM team indicating as you have found, that this is not supported.   I have raised it to the awareness of the PM and they will have to determine how it ranks on their list of features and enhancements, so I cant give any commitment.

"we don’t support changing the hard coded ports but since we don’t use 443 on the UC there is no reason it should not connect and read in the configuration. So if you want to collect some logs, we can see what was really happening.   If they have port 23 blocked then that will cause OM problems, we connect via http (80) and Telnet (23)."

If you want to collect OM Logs:

OM normally runs at the normal trace level, this only allows errors to be placed in the log files. If a user is having problems with OM follow the steps descibed below:

1. Clear      out the old logs
  2. Turn      on the debug trace level
  3. Exit      OM
  4. Restart      OM
  5. Recreate      problem
  6. Change      trace level back to normal This is important or the log files will get      very large and consume a lot of disk space.
  7. Collect      log file(s).

OM has the capability to clear the logs, set normal and debug trace levels. Click on the "Advanced Settings" menu and at the bottom of the screen in the Miscellaneous section you will see three buttons: "Clear Logs", "Set Normal Trace" and "Set Debug Trace". Use these buttons for the appropriate step above.

For the last step (Collecting the log file(s)), you will need to look in the directory that OM was installed in. This defaults to:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business Office Manager"

What you need to get is all the files that start with 'Cisco-OM-Log', the best way is to zip it/them up and then email them to the support person.

Steve D

SE

Thanks Steve!

Telnet is working but I do see that in the CLI there is "no ip http server." This was the issue. Good to know it uses port 80 and not 443. As far as running SSL VPN and webmail to internal exchange my work around is to purchase an ASA 5505 and a block of 5 statics from my ISP to seperate the ports from one another.

Thanks yet again for your advise!

hugh.schexnider
Level 1
Level 1

OM uses port 80 and 23 to communicate with the UC500 not port 443 like CCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: