cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing caller id

terryszpak
Level 1
Level 1

The customer has two companies and they want to be able to select manually which caller id goes out when they make a call. How would they go about doing this?

Thanks,

Terry

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Default CLID can be left on the one that is correct.

For the other phone, go to COnfigure> Telephony> Dial Plan> Outgoing to the CLID Tab and set the DID you assigned to that extension as its caller ID.

Steve

They want to be able to select which outgoing caller id shows when calling out on a call by call basis on the same set.

Do they mind having the multiple extensions (with DIDs) shared on the phone buttons of each phone.

Then they just have to originate from that button, and this should still work I am thinking.

Another option would be to use a different steering digit.

Example:

Dial 9 then the number for Caller ID of Company A

Dial 8 then the number for Caller ID of Company B

You can add the new dial-peers in CCA, but you may not be able to changed the caller-id translation in CCA for the new dial-peers.  I would have to look into that.

Darren,

If it works, let me know. It is a small company and they answers calls for two different companies. This might be the best solution.

Tested this is CCA 3.0:

You can not change the translation from within CCA, it would have to be done using CLI if you are using a different steering digit.

I guess I would suggest using Steve's option of using another button on the phone, then everything could be done from within CCA.

Darren

Darren,

Thanks for the help. I will use Stevens solution.

Terry

Steven,

Multiple extensions would be the best way to do it. They wouldn't mind that at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: