cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones not displayed on CCA Topology with 2960 switch

esmythe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC560, CCA 3.1 and am using a WS-C2960-24PC-S for our 7962 phones.  I have configured the switch parts withe cisco-voice and cisco-switch Smartport macros.  The phones are registering fine, but are not visible on the Topology view.  I have the UC560 and it's connected to 'Switch Unsupported Device'.  I realize the 2960 cannot be managed through CCA but shouldn't the phones still be visible on the Topology view?

thx,

-e

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mario,

I've confirmed that what you said is correct.  If CCA can't manage the device, it can't read its CDP table and can't display the attached devices in the topology view.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The Topology view in CCA uses CDP to display the attached devices.  It will only show devices one step away.  The 2960 switch would have to be added to the site, or the phones would not display.  Since the 2960 is not a supported device, I am not sure if you can add it to the site or not, as I have never tried that.

Thank you,

Darren

Since you cannot add the 2960 to CCA you will not be able to see the 2960's CDP neighbors

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -e,

If you enabled CDP on the 2960 does it show up in the Topology View?

If so you might be able to add it, however you wont be able to configure it via CCA, but it should still be seen.

Just enable CDP on the 2960 via CLI and let us know what happens.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

It is my understanding that if CCA cannot manage the device it cannot read the CDP table, without being able to read the table it cannot display the attached devices in the topology view

Maybe someone from the CCA team can reply and clear this up

Hi Mario,

I've confirmed that what you said is correct.  If CCA can't manage the device, it can't read its CDP table and can't display the attached devices in the topology view.

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: