cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible Bug: Enabling nat keepalive jacks up voicemail prompts

eugene han
Level 1
Level 1

i typically don't spend the time to post these sort of things, but after spending 4 hours localizing this i hope to save someone else the trouble.  i think i'm using the 2.1.4 firmware (whatever was recommended to install by the system as of this posting date)

i've setup this system with spa508g phones in a lab environment using a SIP trunk.  if i enable 'enable nat keepalive' in the sip provider settings, when i enter the voicemail box using and phone, the prompts are delayed, cut in and out, and make popping noises.

if i disable this checkbox, everything is fine.  the sip settings that are in the unit can't register because the circuit is not yet up, i wonder if the problem would still present if it WAS able to register, i'll try this next week and post my results.

cisco, if i didn't have to reboot after every change, i think it would have cut down the effort by 1/2, and there would be considerably less b****ing about the gui from all.

cheers-

eugene

small business it

dallas, tx

2 Replies 2

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  I believe this was found internally recently, but to be sure would like to get engineering to look at your config.  Could you please log into the Configuration Utility, select Feedback under the Services link at top right, Report a Problem,  in the problem text please indicate:  Attention Chris Edgeworth: 

CSCtx19248  This will send your system configuration back to Cisco.

The upcoming 2.2 feature release, available in several weeks, will have a number of  improvements to reboot behavior.

Thanks,

Chris

I have the exact same issue with turning on NAT keepalive with SIP trunk and voicemail greeting garbled externally.