Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with calls inn/out on uc560 with 4 isdn interfaces

davidlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am in a process of changing telephone central from Alcatel 4200E to Cisco uc560 with 4 isdn BRI interfaces. I currently have the alcatel central connected to
4 isdn devices (8 simultanious isdn calls), and plans to do the same on the uc560. I have about 30 internal/external numbers to use.

My problem is that when I disconnect the alcatel central and connect uc560, everything works great internal. But when I try to call in, I got busy signal.

When I try to call out to cellphones, I somthimes commes through, but most off the time I got "unknown number" in the SPA509G display.

Is there any spesific settings to consider when changing from the old central to uc560?

Do I have to change anything with my pstn provider to get this working?

Is there any spesific settings for Norwegian?

My settings for PSTN trunks on uc560:

BRI Switch Type: Basic Net3
Bearer Capasity: Speech
ISDN Static TE1: 4

ISDN related commands on the uc560:

########

multilink bundle-name authenticated
isdn switch-type basic-net3
!
!
trunk group ALL_BRI
hunt-scheme longest-idle
translation-profile outgoing PROFILE_ALL_BRI
!
!
voice call send-alert
voice rtp send-recv
!
voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
supplementary-service h450.12
sip
  no update-callerid
!
voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711ulaw
codec preference 2 g729r8
!
!
voice register global
!
!
!
!
interface BRI0/1/0
no ip address
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn sending-complete
isdn static-tei 4
trunk-group ALL_BRI 64
!
!
interface BRI0/1/1
no ip address
isdn sending-complete
isdn static-tei 4
trunk-group ALL_BRI 64
!
!
interface BRI0/2/0
no ip address
isdn sending-complete
isdn static-tei 4
trunk-group ALL_BRI 64
!
!
interface BRI0/2/1
no ip address
isdn sending-complete
isdn static-tei 4
trunk-group ALL_BRI 64
!
!
#######

Thanks!!

:-)

12 Replies 12

There is a great deal of dial peer handling and configuration that you should only attempt if you are familiar with the UC500 CLI. My recommendation is that you use CCA to setup your inbound and outbound call routing. The CCA Admin Guide is available on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_2_2/administration_guide/cca_222_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Thanks,

Marcos

I have installed the uc560 only with CCA. But when it don't work,  I went to cli to watch and and paste into this forum. I also have some experiece with cli from routers and switches. But I see your point... -the entire cli config is about 2300 lines, so I don't want to mess it up to much in CLI... :-)

I see. You can post the entire config for us to look, but remember to remove passwords and private number, etc. Did you configure inbound and outbound Dialplans using CCA?

I configured everything with CCA.

Se the config in the attached file.

The five first number in the public number i have replaced with XXXXX

Passwords is replaced with *****

We use the 3 last digits in each emplyers public number as internal numbers on the phones.

e.g

Davids telephone:

internal 649

public XXXXX649

When someone wants to call David, They call XXXXX649

And when David calls someone, XXXXX649 is his called id.

Every call in that is busy or unaswered, is to be redirected to the operator number 640, not voicemail.

When I tested the uc560 against one single isdn test line earlier, it worked better. But I had just a single public number then.... Maybe there is something with the 4 isdn devices connected together and the isdn device settings on the uc560...

Can you get a debug ISDN q931?  I would like to see the inbound calls.

Hello!!

Sorry for late respons, but I was out off town... :-)

When I call in now, half of the calls from cellphone I get busy signal...

Se the log in the attached file. I also put in a picture off my "norwegian" pstn trunk settings. I have as mentioned before 4 isdn GT devices connected together.

Thanks!

David, please open a TAC case.

Thanks,

Marcos

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Can you tell me if your Layer is set to permanently active or not?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David, :-)

"Can you tell me if your Layer is set to permanently active or not?"

-I'm not sure how to do that...

-David

Hi David,

Call your carrier and ask them to make your Layer 1 permanently active, sometimes the carriers do not enable this by default (Well that is the case here in Australia), if the Layer 1 is not active, people get al sorts of trouble, so it is the first thing i do now before diagnosing other faults, 8/10 times the problem is fixed.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

It is set to active...

Anyway, everything seems to work now. The problem was some buggy isdn gt boxes...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: