A while back, I tried to implement some different MoH files that Cisco had posted on the Partner Site. I was never able to get these files actually working as the format that they were posted in were WAV files and I was never able to successfully convert them to the.au files that the UC requires.
Anyways, after I started tinkering with the MoH files, my MoH has never worked right since. After trying to go back to the original/default MoH file, I found that sometimes it would work, other times it would play for just a couple of seconds, or not at all, or just play static. None of my actual MoH settings were ever changed, I just changed what files the UC would use for MoH.
Is this a known issue with the UC? How can I fix this? Thanks.
After upgrading ours worked and has worked (though, I'm just updating to the ED Pack now so we'll see after that) ever since.
If your running 7.0.1 and its still not co-operating, like Marcos suggested, please open a TAC Case & I would be very interested in the feedback.
We still have issues across atleast 3 other sites which I was just trying to schedule the upgrades on, but if you have the upgrades installed and its still not working correctly then my hopes have somewhat been reduced. If I get the opportunity to run the updates and it doesn't resolve the issue, then I'll definately be opening a new case as the issues spread across numerous systems we manage.
I'll also be monitoring this thread as well as my previous one providing updates on our progress where possible.
Thanks for the input. It's nice to have some real world techs to throw around these issues with.
Yeah I have been experiencing this issue for a while now, across multiple different loads. When I think I have it licked, it comes back again. I've come to realize that most likely, I've never had it licked.
The strange thing is that it never acted up until I tried to change the file it used. I never changed any parameters of MoH either, just the filname. One thing I've found is that when it's not working, I should change to MoH file real quick, then switch it back to the default file, and it will begin to work again. So definately screams software glitch.
So I don't think that the 7.0.1 upgrade will resolve this.
I intend to open a TAC issue shortly on this. I'll keep this thread updated with my findings.
No not yet. I had some other nagging UC issues that I was working on that I needed to clear up first. Just got them resolved today so MoH is next on my list. I plan on doing that tomorrow or the next day.
Thats a quick reply! I've only pushed our own office system to 7.0.2, but no clients sites. Our appears to be working, though ours wasn't a "permanent" problem, so might try that on a clients site and see if it resolves it.
Configure Multicast Paging on the Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone
The Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones provide voice communication over an Internet Protocol (IP) network...
Add Call Park on a Cisco 7800 or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone Key Expansion Module
Call park allows the user of the phone to put an incoming call on hold so that the call can be retrieved on another phone. A call is park...