I have a small SPA9000 based network that has four phones and a SPA400. Callers can successfully leave voicemail and I can check Voicemail from the phones. What does not work is that the message indicator light does not turn on when I have a message waiting. The attached wireshark capture shows what I think is the problem, but I don't know what to do to correct it.
Please save and post your phone's web page so we can get a good look at it.
Bill I tried your suggestion. When I change this field the phone reboots, the message light comes on and then turns back off. This happens even if there is a message waiting.
I've attached both my phone and SPA9000 configs.
I must say, I didn't expect the curveball you threw my way (you saved the phone's web page using safari/mac). No matter, I downloaded safari for the pc and was able to view the config file of the phone. The only problem is you didn't open the advanced link after you did the admin login before you saved the page. This is important because the field I need to see is not viewable unless you are logged in as admin and advanced. Please post the advanced view.
The thing I see is your line 1 (9000) seems to be registered to a local ip (SPA400?). The User ID is 13991984. Usually the SPA400 looks for the User ID 9000. The fact that it registers indicates that the SPA400 accepts the User ID provided. If I were in your shoes, I would reset every device to factory defaults (the configuration looks right as it is- minus the few odd things) and then reconfigure it all with the wizard. Make sure you factory default the phones, IP PBX, and SPA 400. The whole process should take less than 20 minutes. The screen shots you provided did not indicate a vm sitting in the 100 ext.'s mailbox. This is known because on the line 1 tab, the Mailbox Status field has 100:0/0 in it indicating there are no voicemails (new or old). The 9000 does this when trying to get status on a mailbox :
The SPA9000 sends a one-time SUBSCRIBE for the message-summary event
package for each line with a valid
implies subscription for the status of all the mailboxes associated with the
voicemail account used-ID; it does not include any mailbox ID in the request.
Following is an example:
SUBSCRIBE sip:mailbox-subscribe-url SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.16.22.23:5062;branch=z9hG4bK-44f9d0f0
From: Line 3 <>>firstname.lastname@example.org>;tag=ac6013983cce7526
SUBSCRIBE Max-Forwards: 70
The voicemail server is expected to send a NOTIFY immediately upon receiving
this SUBSCRIBE message for each mailbox on this account. The Request-URI of
the NOTIFY should reference the CONTACT header of the corresponding
SUBSCRIBE, but the user-ID in the To header should be the mailbox ID. The
following example shows a NOTIFY for the mailbox ID 5031 on the account
NOTIFY sip:email@example.com:5062 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 22.214.171.124;branch=z9hG4bK-44f9d0f0
NOTIFY Expires: 30
Event: message-summary User-Agent: ITSP/Voicemail-Server
I recreated this in my lab and everything worked perfectly when setup with the wizard.
Good luck with your configuration and call the SBSC for support if you still can't make it work.
Thank you for spending time to help me. I'm not able to run the wizard as I have no way to run PC type applications. The data in the Mailbox ID field is there because I typed it in (as opposed to it coming from the SPA400). The wireshark trace I provided shows the SP9000 registering with the SPA400 for message status. The SPA400 immediately sends a response back to the SPA9000. The SPA9000 then sends a rejection message back to the SPA400. I was hoping the fields in this rejection message would provide the clues as to what I have configured incorrectly.
If this has not been resolved, please call into our Small Business Support Center (SBSC) and let our support engineers do some troubleshooting and see if they can help your resolve this issue. The number is 866-606-1866.
Small Business Support
I put together a SPA9000, SPA400, SPA962, and SPA942 configuration that may help you. The SPA400 provides vmail services.
I've attached the configs and a trace that will hopefully get you going. The configs will show you how the SPA9000 - SPA400 - SPA phone connections are made.
Configs are from a:
I’ve attached a trace where:
1. 21 calls 22 [#90 in trace]
2. goes to vmail [#180 in trace]
3. 22’s MWI lights up [#3034 in trace]
4. I access vm on 22 [#3105 in trace]
5. delete message
6. MWI goes out [#6475 in trace]
Things to keep in mind:
Thank you for taking the time to work on my issue. I am working through the files you sent and see some differences that I will try and change. One big difference that I see is that you are running firmware version 126.96.36.199 on the SPA400. I am running version 188.8.131.52. On the voicemail server page, you have an extra field called "SPA9000 user ID:". Is that field a new addition in the next version? Does it make sense for me to try the new version? I looked at the firmware download page and the latest version it sows is 184.108.40.206.
I will try modify the other differences I see and let you know if I solve my problem.
220.127.116.11 is beta firmware to resolve caller id issues so should not affect you.
If you're trying to config the system manually, consider referring to the following for help:
The "SPA9000 user ID" field of the SPA400 actually corresponds to the user ID field on the line tab of the 9000. When the system is setup with the wizard, it gives the pbx the user id "9000" and then the proxy address of the spa400. This way it can complete the registration of the SPA400. In your original configuration you had the line 1 tab setup with user id 13991984, which is why I said it looked a bit odd. I was looking for it to say 9000. Just make sure that the user id field on the line tab of the 9000 matches the "SPA9000 User ID" field on the SPA400.
Best of Luck,