cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with UC 540 Wireless

johnk
Level 1
Level 1

We have a small uc540 in house, and we have the wireless just hang occiassionally on us.  If we wait long enough (could be 15 or 30 minutes, wireless networking will return (we never lose signal, just the ability to pass traffic).  If we cable directly to an ethernet port on the UC540, it still passes IP based traffic, and our wired phones still work, even though the wireless stops.

Can someone give me an idea of what is needed to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John                  

6 Replies 6

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps it is radio interference.

Try changing the wireless channel from the CCA or perform a wireless site survey with a specialized tool.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS and check again.

Maybe you need to have 'ip tcp mss-adjust 1452" on either Dialer or BVI interface

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

When this happens can you ping the default gateway or the DNS server?

Do you still maintain full reception??

Can you ping other clients on the network???

How many SSID's are you runing????

Have you configured it to auto channel and if so have you tried fixing it to a single chanel and see how that works?????

Let us know how you go with it.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

johnk
Level 1
Level 1

Ok - so I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to all.  I've done a little further monitoring on the unit, but it didn't experience the issue during stress for a couple of hours.

I'm suspicious that it is interference, and the radio is doing some searching or something and doesn't come back for an extended duration (too long).

I'll let you know as I find more out.

Thanks again.

Hi John,

I cannot remember the command line you need to input in, but there is a way to debug the wireless and see how often it is changing channels, I have in the past seen the UC be very aggressive with channel changes.

Please keep in mind that Auto Channeling - Whilst great to have it can cause many problems with clients and in particular Apple devices, their drivers/radios seem to have troubles maintaining the constant channel updates, and unless Rogue AP mitigation is in place, it may give up and search for other AP's within its vicinity, this can cause the client machine to de-auth and not re-auth straight away... It is a typical problem with WiFi across all vendors.

Suggestion if the problem continues to consider using CCA and locking the Wireless down to a singale channel, and the best way to choose a channel is to get an Android tablet or phone and use Wyfi Analyzer to do a scan of the spectrum and find the least congested one yourself.... You cannot do this on an Apple device as the program cannot take control of the radio like it can on an Android device.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: