Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with 9971 and SIP Trunk

ai.solutions
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Having a few problems with the new software pack compared to the last version. Now, im trying to test the support of the 9971... so thats the new element here... however I seem to be having problems with SIP Trunks here also (perhaps its the two elements combined).

Im using CCA 3.2.1

Firstly if I start off with a factory default configuration, I run through the telephony setup wizard (provision the first test phone a 7945 - Extension 201)

I then go and configure the networking, VLANs and IP addresses to my test environment.

Next I setup my SIP trunk and DID to ring ext 201. This all tests fine for both incoming and outgoing calls on the SIP trunk.

As soon as I provision the 9971 with ext 202, outgoing calls work fine but incoming calls via the SIP trunk no longer work.

10 Replies 10

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

Does your UC happen to be behind another firewall?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

In fact it is... but thats not the problem. Its behind an 1801 and IP INSPECT SIP is configured.

As I said... everything works right until I provision the 9971.

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

I understand. I have had this same problem. What IP address does your firewall point to internally?

I have a 1 to 1 NAT pointing to 192.168.169.180, this is the VLAN1 interface of the UC560 and its on the same VLAN as the 1801 which is 192.168.169.254.

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

Take a look at your config. You will notice that now somewhere in the config you will see code that binds SIP to the Voice VLAN of the UC. After discussion with Navin Albert we concluded the best option here is to point your firewall to the address of the CUE (10.1.10.1).

Firstly... why on earth would I point incoming DID SIP connections directly to my CUE?

You realise that the voice VLAN isnt the CUE right?

Ive tried pointing the incoming connection to the voice VLAN IP, which also doesnt work.

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

Well I had the same problem and that's what I ended up doing. I honestly forget what I pointed it to. I would have to look. I believe you are correct jt is 10.1.1.1. I would have to check. I noticed my ASA blocking the traffic. This only happened after adding any SIP device inside.

ai.solutions
Level 1
Level 1

Additionally... as soon as you setup a SIP trunk, the 9971 constistenly re-registers itself every few minutes.

Can you post your "voice register global" config?

Bob James

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if you still going through the issue, please try this.

voice service voip

sip

no bind all

thanks