cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with BXFER to another IP phone [SNOM M3]

dejantrop
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with transferred calls...

Incoming calls --> SPA 9000 --> SPA 400 --> to announce --> BXFER to IP phones --> SNOM M3  --> after 30s calls automatically finish.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Is this an inbound SIP call: SIP trunk > SPA9000 > ... ...

or is this a PSTN call: PSTN > SPA400 > SPA9000 > ... ...

2. Can you please rephrase what you mean by "SPA 400 --> to announce --> " do you perhaps mean auto attendant?

3. "BXFER to IP phones" How is the call transferred? How is the bxfer accomplished?

4. What happens if you use SPA9xx phones? Does a blind-transferred call stay up longer than 30 seconds?

5. A network trace would be the best way to determine what is causing the call to terminate. Keep in mind that the SPA9000 Voice System does not officially support third-party SIP endpoints. :-)

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

1. is this a PSTN call: PSTN > SPA400 > SPA9000 > ...

2.. Yes "auto attendant"

3. bxfer is maded on phone SPA922 with button BXFER , if i use xfer --> internal number + xfer ... then works

4. yes with SPA phones we dont have any problems...

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. Given that the SPA9000 Voice System is functioning properly with SPA phones, there isn't much I can do to help you. The SPA9000 system does not officially support 3rd party SIP endpoints.

I suggest you capture a trace between the SPA9000 and the SPA phones for xfer and bxfer and ask SNOM for help, explaining that something in our unattended transfer is not compatible with the M3. Perhaps they're aware of an issue and can suggest a configuration adjustment on either the SPA9000 or on the M3.

I wish I could offer more help, but I don't have access to an M3, so I cannot test in my lab.

Please let me know of your progress with this.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

luklambe
Level 1
Level 1

I don't recommend using ‘bxfer’ in most cases. 

Only when ALL the lines contain a phone call, would you use that soft key because the ‘xfer’ would not show when all the lines are full of calls.  In normal situations, to do a blind transfer, just use the ‘xfer’ key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: