Hi, I'm supporting an UC320 that suddenly stopped sending calls to the FXS(analog) port. A fax was connected to the port and extension 13 was assigned to it. Whenever the receptionist heard a fax tone on a call she would forward it to ext. 13. This setup worked OK since day one (about 3 months). Now, when she forwards, the extension rings but the fax doesn't. Also, when you try to make a call from the fax, you get no dial tone.
These are the things i've tried but still it's not working:
- Attached another fax to FXS port.
- Attached an analog phone to FXS port.
- Changed cables attached to FXS port.
- Deleted the extension and disabled the port. Rebooted unit and enabled port again, created extension again and assigned it to FXS port.
- Upgraded firmware to 2.1.1(7)
- Resetted unit to default and restored configuration.
Another issue I've been having since day one is that the system is not showing the incoming phone call number. I read somewhere that a firmware upgrade would fix that, but after upgrading to 2.1.1(7) still we get no caller ID. Also, when I performed the firmware upgrade, I could not choose Puerto Rico's time zone (-4:00) or region during the setup. This means that now the system is off by one hour.
I would greatly appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction here.
I suspect you selected US as the region. Please confirm
- On the fax/phone issue: Please open the configuration utility and Apply the configuration (system will reboot). Then check that FXS port is activated and it is mapped to a user extension. If this is ok, please connect an analog phone and make/receive calls (internal and external). Please check which calls work and which do not. Take syslog traces for the failure cases, make sure you check-in the FXS port as well as the SIP trunk/FXO port. If the phone does not give you dial tone and configuration is ok, this may be a defective unit (strange as it is not a common area of failure). If you get dial tone but cannot make/receive calls properly, please open a case to the Small Business Support Center.
- On the timezone issue. Can you please take a screenshot of the screen with the issue? I would like to raise a defect in order to correct it. Please send me the screenshot to amontill at cisco dot com.
Configure Multicast Paging on the Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone
The Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones provide voice communication over an Internet Protocol (IP) network...
Add Call Park on a Cisco 7800 or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone Key Expansion Module
Call park allows the user of the phone to put an incoming call on hold so that the call can be retrieved on another phone. A call is park...