Views
Helpful
Replies

PVC2300 and UC500

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to get the PVC2300 to play nice with a UC520 (7.1.3), and I've uploaded 1.1.2.6 to the camera. I can see it via Bonjour in CCA, but when I go into the Video Monitor Setup Wizard it says: No Cisco 2300 series camera found.

I am using a unique for for the web interface and others, but how is CCA trying to find the device?

If I click Add to Community in CCA is says the device is not reachable (I'm not sure if it's doing a DNS lookup or what)

Anyway,

What do I need to be able to get this working/discoverable/communicating?

Cheers.

Bob James

31 Replies 31

Not blocking any ports, rtsp is default (554), my Gui is identical with the correct rtps configuration, user, extension, the works.....

By the way the GUI is soooo linksys

Im out of ideas

NEVER SAY DIE!

I got it.......

I reset the phone to factory default and reconfigured it all over. I'm guessing there is some issue with parts of configuration of the VPN and/or wireless configuration left in the phone that stopped this from working. (This phone was setup with both)

I did verify that the VPN on the phone was not active, and wireless was off as it was ethernet connected.

Anyway it works (kind of anti-climatic once I saw the video), what's the Call button for?

Thanks for trying to help, now I am back to playing with it to see what else it can do.

HW Version 1.0.0 is all we ever released as far as I know and thats what I have.

Hey bob,

Cca team responded to one of your requests. When you first create a community, you do in fact have a chance to enter the port and protocal for each device, which will be used for all subsequent connections.

So mark that one done...

Steve

I appreciate the feedback but that's not quite true.

You can select A port and A protocol but it's for all devices, not each one.

Check in your CCA and let me know the results.

Cheers,

Bob

True? Not true? When you first create a community. Try it. Not when you modify a community.

Tried it, same as modify, unless I am missing something, there is no way to specify a unique port for a device.....

Here is what we were referring to.  Does this meet requirement?

connection_options.JPG

Yes Steve,

But is this not for;

A. the seed deive, or

B. All device in the community?

What if I want all standard ports,, but a unique port for the camera because its' accessed from the Internet?

Bob

Bob,

You are right...In CCA, the http(s) port setting is applied to all the devices in the community.   What you require is not supported in CCA.  I am asking to have it added to the list of requests for new features.

Steve

You had me at "you are right" :D

If you're adding RFE's could your request drag and drop phone loads for Win7/IE8 in CCA?

I am many others have yet to get this working...

Thanks

Bob

The following enhancement request was just approved to be submitted.

CSCtg49009 (CSC.sibu.dev,new,gsalguei): Ability to adjust HTTP(S) port access per device in Community connection

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

OK,

I was able to add it to the community so I assume it uses HTTP for communications over 80. It will now work with the 525.

I would like to see an enhancement wherein you are able to set the communications preferences for the camera to the port that you set it up with, including HTTPS.

I hope this helps someone else.

Cheers.

Bob

Bob,

You rock!

Excellent suggestion.

Perhaps under Device Properties: Device Access.

Submitting now in your good name.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: