cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REALLY slow speedtest on UC540 - affecting inbound call quality?

j_friedrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Gone thru and configured everything thru CCA - the latest.  I am having inbound call quality issues with the audio breaking up.  The box is directly connecting thru a switch to a public ip.  Doing a speedtest thru my ISP ( I have 100/5 connection), I am getting 38 down and 0.07 UP!?!?!  Huh?

Am I missing something on the upload speed because that is ridiculous?

Ideas?

Thanks for everyone's time.

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gone thru and configured everything thru CCA - the latest.  I am having inbound call quality issues with the audio breaking up.  The box is directly connecting thru a switch to a public ip.  Doing a speedtest thru my ISP ( I have 100/5 connection), I am getting 38 down and 0.07 UP!?!?!  Huh?

First of all for a true comparison you have to test with the same PC directly connected to ISP cable.

Then 38 Mbps D/L seems about right. The UC500 is not meant to be an high-speed internet router, if you want that buy either an ISR G2 router, or latest generation consumer-grade router.

For the slow upload, the default configuration leaves in a lot of useless security stuff like IP inspect, firewall, access list, etc. Once you clean out everything, should be at or close to ISP promise.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

j_friedrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Just to add to the results from different speedtests, roughly 0.24 on another server.  Obviously, something is screwed on the config to throttle it that badly.  BTW, running CCA 3.2.1 and the latest firmware. 

On another note, off topic, when will we see multiple sip trunks thru the CCA?  Jeezus!  Asterisk, 3CX, and so on have had it..

Just starting to question why I picked up this box....

Thx.

Jason

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all for a true comparison you have to test with the same PC directly connected to ISP cable.

Then 38 Mbps D/L seems about right. The UC500 is not meant to be an high-speed internet router, if you want that buy either an ISR G2 router, or latest generation consumer-grade router.

For the slow upload, the default configuration leaves in a lot of useless security stuff like IP inspect, firewall, access list, etc. Once you clean out everything, should be at or close to ISP promise.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the response.

I know it's not designed to be a high speed router.  I kinda figured I would have to transition to a REAL router.  I was in the process of hooking it to ISR2 1941 box I picked up and turn off all the firewall bullshit.

So, that's is the plan, turn off ALL the firewall stuff and add the port access and whatnot to the 1941 for SIP calls.

Thanks for clarifying what I suspected.

Jason

You're welcome, thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

thomasjohnsonjr
Level 1
Level 1

Is this an absolute true statement that I would never get anything close to the 100Mbps down from my ISP?  If this is the case, we may have to look at another solution for internet access.  I was told by TAC engineer to remove firewall rules and that took me from 20-25Mbps to close to a consistent 40Mbps  but never thought of this as being a possibility until I ran across it.  I was going to contact Cisco to open a case on it but if this is what I am to expect then it would be a waste of time opening the case.  Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: