cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recorded Auto Attendant Prompts have a loud audio "crackle" after each item.

voodooaddict
Level 1
Level 1

In recording the Auto Attendant prompts using 38 from the phones we are getting a nasty chirp/crackle after every prompt durring playback.  This is a serious problem as it makes the custom recorded AA prompts useless.

Please help.

Firmware is 2.0.6 (10)

4 Replies 4

voodooaddict wrote:

In recording the Auto Attendant prompts using 38 from the phones we are getting a nasty chirp/crackle after every prompt durring playback.  This is a serious problem as it makes the custom recorded AA prompts useless.

Please help.

Firmware is 2.0.6 (10)

Hi Christopher,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "using 38 from the phones"?  Do you have SIP trunks configured and if so, what is the preferred CODEC?  What Region are you using for this system?  What kind of phone did you use to record the prompts?

If you are on the Prompts tab of the AA screen and load prompts from device, do you hear the chirp when you play the prompt on your PC?

Regards,

Chris

- 38 is the default extension for the AA maintenence.

- Yes, we get the audio popping both from the AA playback as well as from the prompts page/list in the configuration tool.

- No SIP Trunks, just FXO lines.

- Region is USA

- Phones is a SPA 504g.

Shall I try updating to the 2.0.8 (15) RC and see if that improves things?  I was trying not to use a RC and only full releases for this site.

Christopher,

Can you make sure the crackling is not in the recording itself by playing the recording throught the UC320 config utility. Go to the config, AA section, prompts tab and then hit the "Load prompt for playback" and play them and listen to them.

Hi Christopher,

This is not the normal behavior for custom prompts.  I assume you have your WAN port connected and are recording the custom voice prompts using a SPA phone.   I think this problem is best handled by opening a case with the SBCS so we can figure out what is going on in your system.

Small Business Support Center Contacts

Chris