cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove x216-236 Extensions from Local Directory Search

reidgreen
Level 4
Level 4

I'm cleaning up a UC540 install and want to pull the x216 - x236 extensions from the Local Directory Search. Specifically, when I leave the Last, First Name search criteria empty in the Local Directory Search, the result presents x216 - x236 before it shows the legit user extensions. How can I pull those entirely? Short term fix has been to place the users in the Local Speed Dial List

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The local directory will pull the numbers listed in the running config.  Which also pulls the default DN's that are part of the base config.

Unfortunately, you can not remove them using CCA, so you will have to use CLI.

You will need to remove all the ephone-dn's that are not currently being used.  They will look simular to this:

ephone-dn  48  dual-line
number 239 no-reg primary
label 239
description 239
name 239
!
!
ephone-dn  49  dual-line
number 240 no-reg primary
label 240
description 240
name 240

So, you will need to look at your running config, and then remove all of these extra DN's.

UC560#config t

UC560(config)#no ephone-dn 48

UC560(config)#no ephone-dn 49

If you have any questions, or concerns about doing this on your own, I would suggest calling into support for assistance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The local directory will pull the numbers listed in the running config.  Which also pulls the default DN's that are part of the base config.

Unfortunately, you can not remove them using CCA, so you will have to use CLI.

You will need to remove all the ephone-dn's that are not currently being used.  They will look simular to this:

ephone-dn  48  dual-line
number 239 no-reg primary
label 239
description 239
name 239
!
!
ephone-dn  49  dual-line
number 240 no-reg primary
label 240
description 240
name 240

So, you will need to look at your running config, and then remove all of these extra DN's.

UC560#config t

UC560(config)#no ephone-dn 48

UC560(config)#no ephone-dn 49

If you have any questions, or concerns about doing this on your own, I would suggest calling into support for assistance.

I should have searched the running config to look up the extensions . Worked perfectly - Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: