cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SBCS and WIP3xx phone

jarrod sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyonw know if the WIP3xx phone is supported in the latest release of SBCS?  to me is seems stupid that Cisco would put thier name on a phone and then call it a "3rd party" phone.  the integration of this phone into the SBCS platform would help the partner community beat out all the xTels of the world

2 Replies 2

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Jarrod,

Currently the WIP3xx phones do not support SPCP or SCCP. They only support SIP as a call control mechanism. That is why they are 3rd party for the SBCS platform. I am not aware of any road map to integrate this feature (SPCP or SCCP) as the WIP3xx phones were designed to work with the SPA9000 (or any SIP pbx). The closest you will come with a wireless IP phone that is compatible with the SBCS is probably the 7921G. It works with CUCM 6.0. I do not have one here in my lab, so I can not confirm that it is compatible with the UC5xx systems. I can, however, confirm that the UC5xx platform does include a phone load for this model. I therefore can all but guarantee that it is compatible. Hope this helps.

Bill

You can use the 7921 or 7925 with the SBCS system.  I am not aware of any plans to integrate the WIP3XX phone into the SBCS platform.