cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC-Advanced & CRM

jwcasey007
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use both Sage CRM (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9778) & SCC-Advanced/SCC-Operator on a UC560.  Is this possible or am i truly limited to one application at a time?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

I am going through this scenario right now myself, the client has ordered SCC and server edition, but also would like it integrated into their custom-in-house designed CRM, the developer kit has been provided to them so they can build the TAPI integration themselves as it would not be supported by us or Cisco....

However (yes there is always a but ) you can only have one (1) TAPI session going at the same time, one will cancel the other out, and according to all my theoretical testing done on this, it will become disastrous if we move ahead with both systems vying for the UC's attention.

I would say you are going to have to make a choice one or the other, until Cisco move away from TAPI and move to SIP based integration and using the messaging capabilities of SIP we will always be pretty much caught in this " Between Rock  & Hard Place" scenario.

Most likley not the answer you wanted, but thats all I had, if anyone within Cisco has contrary information I would love to hear it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David - Any idea if the basic SCC Toolbar will function with the TAPI in use by the CRM?
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps10585/data_sheet_c78-601646.html)

Hi Joe,

Most likely not

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Joe;

It is not supported. Current TAPI driver provides support for 1 session only.

Regards
Alberto

Hi David and Alberto,

Just so I am on the same page does single TAPI session support means we can't have SCC toolbar and SCC operator

at the same time? or does that mean all SCC suite (toolbar, operator, server, adv client) uses single TAPI session and CRM requires a totally different TAPI connection?

Thanks
Aamir

Hi Aamir,

Alberto would have to confirm as I have not tested this scenario myself, but here is the thing with this, if they are separate and independent installs, then one assumes they run separate sessions and if they do then the previous posts apply.

The scenario that you are pitching does indicate that they are all sperate installs and sessions, and in all likelyhood would not work or is supported.

But it is best to wait for Alberto or another Cisco rep to confirm.

Cheers,

David.

Hi Aamir;

The TAPI driver allows only for one application no matter whether it is Cisco or third party, so you cannot have two CallConnector clients on the same PC.

The operator console is not meant to be combined as it is designed for a full/permanent attendant position. It incorporates most, if not all, the functionality available on the toolbar and advanced client, from the operator screen (IM, directory integration, presence, phone status, etc).

Would like to understand the case for mixing the two.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I didn't realise single TAPI limitation is only if we were trying to install multple call connector on the same PC.

So basically operator can have operator console only on her PC and remaining staff can have CRM integration (provided that they don't use any of the other call connectors on the same PC).

Thanks

Aamir

Adding to Alberto note -- the TAPI limitation is on a per phone basis. This means that only one application (regardless of the PC they are running on) can be connected to the phone. This can be the Operator, Toolbar or a TAPI application.

Thanks

Shahryar

Hi All,

I have a question about this discussion. My client has the SCC Server in place and would like to do integration with there newly purchased Sage CRM system. Understanding from the previous responses that there is only one TAPI session at a time - How would one physically disable the TAPI on the Advanced clients and use the TSP for the CRM system? (How would this impact the SCC Solution? ---- If it is only the dialling from outlook and from the advanced client this wouldn't be a major issue as their the main requirement for the solution is the presence and chat capabilities)

The client is extremely happy with the SCC Solution however they will remove it; as the CRM integration is more important to them.

I am trying to find away for them to get the best of both worlds - Any suggestions?

Regards,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: