cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC Server on SBS 2008 - Presence Server Down issue

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue of SCC clients reporting that the presence server is down?

Basically i am running SCC server 2.02.010 on SBS 2008 64-bit. All services running, server hardware restared after install, radius configured and has a green tick...

Client is 2.1.0.1 32-bit (outlook 2010 is 32-bit)

all other parts of the SCC work just fine!

i am in discussions with cisco via a TAC, but the whole US vs Australia time zone is a pain....

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeremy,

I believe that radius is not completely configured that caused PresenceServer is not available. In some cases, if the default radius port 1646 is occupied/being used by other application, we have to manually change the radius port to 1513, 1515 or 1517. We'll troubleshoot tomorrow and run the TCPViewer to see if port 1646 is occupied. Once radius is configured, PresenceServer should be up and running

UCC/SCC Client installations pertains with Outlook version. It depends on what version OL you installed. If this is x32bit Outlook, we have to install SCC Adv-Client x32. The same applied for x64bit regardless of what windows OS installed.

Thanks,

CallConnector Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeremy,

This is more a client side issue, what happens when you close the client side down? Does it come back up being able to see the presence server?

Also make sure that the windows firewall is not blocking its communications, you can do this by running it as Admin to test it and make sure that this is not an issue for it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hi david, thanks for your help

the client is the 64-bit version that i installed.

it is included in the exceptions in the windows firewall. all TCP and UDP ports, both Advanced Clinat and Local SIP Server. (this is however only in 'inbound rules' not in 'outbound rules'

i have restarted the app many many times

i should try a reinstall i guess...

Hi Jeremy,

I haven't installed the 64bit client yet, but can you see if a test code shows up in the top left hand side of the loading splash screen, if there is one can you post the code up.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

OK, sorry i just tried to reinstall and it said i had to use the 32bit client as outlook was 32bit.

so after a reinstall of the 32bit version i still dont have a working presence server...

Hi Jeremy,

I believe that radius is not completely configured that caused PresenceServer is not available. In some cases, if the default radius port 1646 is occupied/being used by other application, we have to manually change the radius port to 1513, 1515 or 1517. We'll troubleshoot tomorrow and run the TCPViewer to see if port 1646 is occupied. Once radius is configured, PresenceServer should be up and running

UCC/SCC Client installations pertains with Outlook version. It depends on what version OL you installed. If this is x32bit Outlook, we have to install SCC Adv-Client x32. The same applied for x64bit regardless of what windows OS installed.

Thanks,

CallConnector Team

OK, changing the ports has worked. Thanks SCC Team!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: