Views
Helpful
Replies

Single number mapping on UC320W

group9optus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Anybody aware of if we can program UC320W for a Single number Mapping (With PSTN Lines) and or VoIP lines

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.  Can you please provide an example scenario?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your quickl repsonse.

We have installed a UC320W for a customer with 4 PSTN lines. They have their advertised business landline number.

What is required here is for all outgoing calls from any line only main number should be displayed to the called party.

This is to avoid any confusion with their clients about the business number. In current scenerio we have programmed all the numbers. For outgoing calls it send any number that is used to call out..

Hi Harish,

If you have FXO PSTN trunks, then this functionality is provisioned on by your FXO Service Provider.  Caller ID is not sent from the UC320 to the PSTN over FXO, but rather the telco sends based upon your FXO circuit.

If you have SIP trunks, then you simply configure the pilot number for the trunk and that will be sent to your SIP provider.  Again, the telecom provider can override what you send for caller ID and set what they have provisioned.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Can the UC320 send different caller ID names and/or numbers for outbound caller ID if it is using SIP trunking and the SIP provider supports it? If so where do I configure it in the admin GUI?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

This can be done on the Inbound Calls Page of the GUI.  Select the SIP Provider tab.  Simply create a new route for an inbound call and enter the DID and select the target for that route.   Click use the number for outbound calls.  Now when that target makes an outbound call on the SIP trunk the DID associated with the route is used as the outbound Calling Party Number.

(click to enlarge)

Cheers,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: