cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart CallConnector Toolbar Windows7 IE9

gschumacher
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get Smart CallConnector Toolbar to load on Windows7(x64) and IE9 and am not having any success (two different PC's).  I am able to load the toolbar on XP IE8 without any issues.  The CallConnector is loading on the Windows7 PC's because I can click on the icon and make a call.  I am only having issues with the toolbars.  I did notice that the reg.bat files in the smart callconnector directory were directed to the 32bit files and not the 64bit files.  I fixed the bat files and re-registered the dll's but no luck.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I was unable to locate it.

thank you,

schumach

8 Replies 8

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I am no expert on the topic...but my guess is that your IE9 is a 64bit program, and the DLLs required for the toolbar are 32bit as you said. 32bit DLLs cannot be loaded into a 64bit process. Is there a way to run IE9 in 32bit?

gschumacher
Level 1
Level 1

The DLL's look to be 64bit.  The file name is toolbarIEx64.dll.  It was the .bat file that referenced the 32bit file names.  I still think it has something to do with IE9.

Find anything on this? I've run into the same issue, and the lack of documentation for 2.1 is no fun. Release notes would be nice.

I found out that Smart CallConnector Toolbar is not supported with IE9 at this time.  It is supported with IE 6, 7 and 8.  I am having issues with Outlook 2007 also, and Cisco is taking a look at it.  Do you have Outlook 2007 working?

Thanks.

thanks for the update.  The customer has outlook 2010, but it was installed as 32bit, waiting on them to update things to 64bit.

I noticed that the toolbar integration worked in IE9 if I explicitly started it in 64 bit mode but did not work in IE9 32 bit mode (default).

I also have the issue where the toolbar integration does not work on 32 bit Outlook running on 64 bit Windows 7. I started a new thread that is more explicit on the issue that needs to be addressed.

[discussion link]

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar situation...

Windows 7 64-bit outlook 2010 32-bit

Toolbar installs ok but the addin does not enable in outlook. The popup is connecting to the phone just fine.

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Tyler Bennett
Level 1
Level 1

I have provided some instructions on how to work around the limitations of the Smart CallConnect Toolbar installers and get the toolbars functioning in x32 Outlook and x32 IE on x64 Windows (link below). Cisco does not seem the least bit interested in just fixing the installers.

[Link]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: