Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Softphone as teleworker on UC540 easiest/cheapest?

The VPN client built into the SPA525G2 does a great connecting to the remote UC540.  But the user would like to use a softphone on a notebook for travel purposes.

Cisco has IP Communicator.  If someone purchased a UC540, do they also have to purchase licenses for the IP Communicator?  Any idea what the costs would be for basically a single user?

Also, does it have a built-in VPN client?  Or do I have to first establish a VPN connection, and then start the CIPC?  Can I use the VPN client that I installed into the UC540 when I was configuring it?

Are there any other softphones that will work with a UC540?  Bonus points if there are any that have a built-in VPN client.  I'd like to make it as simple as possible for the guy, he can be technology challenged.

Any tips on the fastest/easiest/least expensive path are welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Softphone as teleworker on UC540 easiest/cheapest?

You will need to buy a license, and you will need either CiscoVPN client, or VPN Anyconnect. Cisco does not make sofphhones with a built in VPN.

For prices you can check with your reseller or browse online.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You will need to buy a license, and you will need either CiscoVPN client, or VPN Anyconnect. Cisco does not make sofphhones with a built in VPN.

For prices you can check with your reseller or browse online.

Thanks, at least I know what has to happen now.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thank yuo for the nice rating and good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content