Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SPA 512 phones locking up/freezing when another call comes in.

It doesn't happen every time but several users are reporting phone freezing when another call comes in while they are on the phone.  We have two UC560's under one roof doing this, one using 3com switches and one using Cisco switches, the two (UC560) networks are completely segregated.  We have swapped out some phones thinking it might be a bad phone or two but the problem is still ongoing.  Phones are on the most current firmware that pulls automatically when they are first plugged in.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Hello James,

This is a known issue with the SPA51X phones. Firmware version 7.5.5 should resolve your issue. You can download the firmware from here: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284285178&flowid=33743&softwareid=282463651&release=7.5.5&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thanks,

-john

Community Member

Thanks for the response John!  Can the firmware be pushed out as a batch to 40 some phones or does it have to be done individually?  Excuse my ignorance on phone firmware updates.  I've never had to do any manual upgrade other than when the phones are first plugged in when they pull the initial firmware after the UC firmware has been updated.

Thanks again!

Community Member

Hello James,

You will install the firmware on the UC. Then when the phones reboot they will automatically upgrade.

Thanks,

-john

Community Member

John,

The firmware file you linked to me in the above post throws an error when trying to upload it under the "Phone Load Management" window.  It says "software pack is not valid for this device".  I eventually downloaded the most recent software pack for the UC560 (dated a week ago) and uploaded it but it doesn't give me an option to add new firmware for SPA phones.

Community Member

Hello James,

You have to upload the firmware via the drag and drop method in CCA. In the Topology View, use the mouse to drag the phone load (.zip or .bin) file from your PC and drop it onto the UC500 icon. For Cisco SPA500 Series and 300 Series phones, you must extract the .bin file from the archive before dragging and dropping it onto the UC. Make sure you can ping 10.1.10.2 which is the TFTP interface of the UC.

Thanks,

-john

Community Member

Thanks for your help John.  Both call processors were updated successfully and power cycling the phones indeed update the firmware.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content