Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA-525G2 In a Failed State HELP!!!

Hi All,

Woke up today and arrived at work to find our SPA525G2 on our LAB/Demo system in a failed state, after multiple reboots it came back to life, however as it turns out all SPA525G phones I have deployed in the last 5 weeks all did the same thing and all in the same state.

A few of them did manage to come back to life, but there is a couple that will not recover...

I find this quite disturbing that they all systematically did this, all in different locations and all different clients.

Please see the video of the failed state:

If you cannot fully see it in the Video, the screen remains blank, but the Red alerting light flashes, and the headset light blinks... It stays in this way constantly, and there is no way to factory reset it.

Anyone else seen this?

Anyone know how to bring the phone back to life?

Would love some feedback before I log an RMA on this phone, poor customer has had to already endure a 15 hand piece replacement for their IP phones due to the poor voice quality, seem to fix up one problem and another one starts, or maybe it is just Monday Blues.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
6 REPLIES

Re: SPA-525G2 In a Failed State HELP!!!

OK...

So no one has seen this issue before??

Hmmm Time to log an RMA on it then

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I know its a different version but you could try:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12742

Troubleshooting

SPA525 in a boot-loop / "bricked"VERSION 1  Q: During a software upgrade, something happened to the power/network/ and now my SPA525 continuously reboots.

Is the phone broken, can I RMA it?

A: No, your phone is not broken. No, there is no need to RMA it.

Your SPA525 has a restore menu utility that you can access as follows:

1.Power cycle the phone
2.Press the speaker button when the Cisco logo fades away
3.Follow the on-screen prompts

Also as to the cause – have you checked the firmware version?

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply

Tried your suggestion but it does not work, the phone does not present with any Cisco log, as per the video it goes straight into that boot-loop or what ever it is doing, nothing comes up on the screen at all.

The phone was also running the latest load 7-4-8

Like I said in the first post, all the SPA-525G2 that I have deployed all systematically when into a stale mode Monday morning when we all come back to work from the weekend, all the clients reported the same thing I discovered when I come into work myself.

The client is a little anxious now so will log an RMA request in with support to get them a new phone, I have done everything I can think of and even all suggestions I found on Google, nothing works... Thankfully all the other phones did come back to life, I just hope this does not happen again and they all end up in this state.

Cheers,

David.

David, thanks for the points.

Shame it didnt work, but if you do find a solution please post and we can get this question marked as answered J

Cheers,

Craig.

Hi Craig,

I am currently in the midst of RMAing the unit, although this is turning out to be the biggest challenge ever, normally my experience with support is quite good and smooth, but this particular case is causing me all sorts of headaches.

So far ever trick in the book has been tried, this phone just goes straight into fail mode as soon as the Ethernet cable is plugged in, so it is a very sick unit sadly

The problem I will have now is when the unit is replaced, how to swap over to another phone without deleting the user, I know I can do this via CLI with minimal problems, not sure if this can be done in CCA.

No worries about the rating, it was a helpful post for sure

Cheers,

David.

[UPDATE]

WOW What a roller coaster this one has been

First logging the case was a nightmare, the support contracts had not been associated at all even though they had previously replaced all 15 hand pieces on the phones... This one had me baffled completely.

Then they logged the case under a SPA508G, which I didnt know about untill the client called up to try and expidite (Hurry it along) and was told this, so I take a very angry client call, that alone did my head in

Then they close the case... I'm like WTH!!!!!!!!!

Then the case was assigned to a Cisco 1812, and it was at this point I didn't know wether to break down or cry, I decided to laugh I just didn't know what else to do

Now I have been forced to escalate this through our Cisco account manager who diligently had a local Cisco support rep take charge of the situation and they processed/expedited an RMA on the unit over the phone via conference call with the Cisco Singapore counter parts. (Thank goodness for small mercies)

All this since the day I originally made this post...

I Bragg so much about how Cisco Support is second to none when doing the pre-sales technical support role with the sales guys, and now 3 times in less than a month I get egg flung in my face, this wont be happening again, NO WAY!!!

I am utterly disappointed in Cisco right now, in fact guttered... Maybe I am just far to used to TAC and the level of professional service you got with them, maybe I need to adjust my expectations, and I certainly need to adjust the whole sales pitch to prevent further embarrassments.

Today was the first time I have seen Cisco at its worse, if it wasn't for our Cisco Account manager, this would have been a total white wash.

I only hope now the client gets the replacement phone in the designated time that was promised.

Cheers,

David.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content