cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 5xx and 9xx phones registering to all proxies with DNS SRV records

innovacrew
Level 1
Level 1

A weird situation -- I use DNS SRV records to prioritize the two Asterisk servers to register to (east coast vs west coast).  However it seems that phones are often registering to BOTH servers and show as live on both at the same time.  There seems to be little rhyme or reason as to when it occurs, but it's weird.  Fortunately the phone does seem to be preferring the higher priority SRV record but I can't figure out why it is registering to both.

This happens with SPA-942s (6.1.5a) and SPA504Gs (7.4.9c). 

Any ideas what makes this happen?  On the surface it seems like a good thing, but functionally the phones are registering the same port numbers and only the priority server can get through firewalls with traffic for the phones.  This screws up my "presence" indicators within the system.

DNS SRV RECORDS:
_sip._udp.west.server.net  (for west coast customers)

Priority 10:  west coast machine

Priority 20:  east coast machine

_sip._udp.east.server.net (for east coast customers)

Priority 10:  east coast machine

Priority 20:  west coast machine

1 Reply 1

innovacrew
Level 1
Level 1

We determined this was not actually happening.  There was a syncing taking place in the background that was giving the impression this was happening but it really was not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: