Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 9x1 Series going EOL?

Hi,

After reading the other thread about no new firmware updates for the SPA9x1 series phones, can I assume they will be going EOL soon?

The 5.1.8 firmware has some critical bugs in it (such as very poor NAT handling -- I believe the NAT keep-alive SIP NOTIFYs do not work properly).  If there is no chance of these being fixed then it makes these phones very hard to use in a production environment.

I understand that the 9x2 series phones are designed to have a broader feature set, but we still need bugs fixing that affect the ability of the 9x1 series phones to be used in working environments.

If there are indeed going to be bug fixes, can someone advise when we can expect an updated firmware to be released?

Thanks,

Rick

2 Replies 2

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

I have forwarded this thread to the SPA9x1 product manager for comment.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rick,

Here is the response from the Product Manager,

"We do not have plans to EoL any of the SPA9xx Family.

The product is still supported. Can you provide me with all the Open bugs and concerns you have collected on the SPA9x1 Phones?

If it is a critical bug, we will fix it."

Can you please help me document the "critical bugs" that you have encountered? If you have information that you prefer not be made public, I am at paborn at Cisco.com I will open up CDETS for each issue and share a synopsis here on the community.

Regards,

Patrick

----------