I'm having an issue with Spa 962 & 942 on fw 6.1.5a. changing vlan.
I trying to auto-provision these phones and that involves changing them from untagged vlan to tagged vlan 21.
The problem is when <Enable_VLAN group="System/VLAN_Settings">Yes</Enable_VLAN> is set via xml or web the phone restarts but after the restart vlan is set to yes but the phone still gets on IP on the untagged vlan! To make issue worse the phone is not accessible on this address and thus can't be restarted remotely. After a manual reboot the phone works as it should, gets a IP from vlan 21 and all is fine.
This issue makes automatic provisioning impossible.
Otherwise the provisioning process spa9x2.cfg -> spa$MA.xml works fine.
can I take a look at the syslog trace on when the phone restarts as well as the XML file you are using for remote provision it?
There are added comments in the sylogfile.
This is result of a resync command.
I dont have any phones free for testing to show automatic provisiong scenario, but the phone acts the same then.
If needed I'll simulate auto provision on my own 962. but the same files are used.
I just checked, that's a wrong xml i attached,sorry.
The actual xml that was used in the above situation is the one attached in this post.
About the wrongly attached xml, that is a xml extracted form the phone, with some comments added for easier navigation and the lines that are changed the most are cut/paste to the beginning of the file so configuration is quicker.
Ok some testing done.
Just a note first, as far as I can see your attached file is for 942 ---> xmlns="http://www.sipura.net/xsd/SPA942
I used spa962-6-1-5-a-spc-win32-i386.exe to generate an --sample-xml for 962 and the only thing i changed in the generated config is vlan_enable yes and vlan_ID 21 and it behaved exactly as before! (i tried with your file too, same result)
I also tried resysnc with the generated file (so everything back to factory defaults) then change the 2 lines and resysnc again. Same result.
attached files are
test2.xml - generated config with only 2 lines changed see above
962.xml - generated config with full settings for my phone (no messing with lines just filled in values)
Could you try and replicate my results?
sorry for the delay but I haven't been able to replicate it... The phone's I've tried correctly request an IP in the configured VLAN (e.g.21) right after rebooting when getting the provisioning file... can you please pass to me an ethereal/wireshark trace along with the HTML phone's configuration after getting the provisioning file?
I have finally found the time to do tests.
This is the test situation. A Procurve switch with a tagged vlan21 and a untagged vlan. Connected to it: my laptop, SPA962 6.1.5, and 2 interfaces from a AsteriskPBX both providing DHCP, one to untagged vlan (10.0.0.0/24) and other to vlan21 (192.168.199.0/24).
The file used for provisioning is the same you provided earlier in the thread, modified with vlan stuff and syslog enabeld to 3 to aide in problem solving.
Both files are attached. Also attached are the 2 wireshark traces (port mirroring was done on the switch so all the packets were mirrored to my laptop). One for novlan -> vlan21 scenario and the other for the opposite. In both cases a manual reboot was required in the process. this was done through the phone menu.
So once more the scenario: phone was issued an resync command, phone accepted the file and rebooted after a few seconds, after the restart the phone displays a address from the old vlan but cannot be reached on it. The menu shows that the phone accepted the new vlan setting. After a reboot by the phone menu the phone gets the address form the new vlan and works normally.
The same is done the other way around: vlan21 --> untagged and the results are the same.