Level 1

Provisioning a new set of spa504G phones. I've always used 

for spa504G.cfg, the phone finds it. I've always used:

<flat-profile>
<Resync_On_Reset>Yes</Resync_On_Reset>
<Resync_Periodic>3600</Resync_Periodic>
<Profile_Rule>tftp://ipaddress/xml/spa$MA.xml</Profile_Rule>
</flat-profile>

The new set of phones weren't provisioning, so I ran a tcpdump on the tftpserver. Sure enough, for the first time ever, the phones are looking for:

spae8:ed:f3:6b:48:b2.xml instead of spae8edf36b48b2.xml. I copied the xml to use colons and sure enough the phone provisioned and connected to my pbx.

So... how do I make it stop doing this? This is a tragedy, you have no idea how difficult it will be to get more spa phones at this point.

A bit more info:

I also tried <Profile_Rule>tftp://ipaddress/xml/spa$MAC.xml</Profile_Rule> in the initial config file.

The phones came with firmware 7.5.2 and I always upgrade to 7.5.3 using:

<Upgrade_Rule ua="na">($SWVER ne 7.5.3)? tftp://ipaddress/sw/spa50x-30x-7-5-3.bin</Upgrade_Rule>

however, this time it's not upgrading, either.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this before? How can I make it stop, using special characters in the filename is not going to work for me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the phones are looking for:

spae8:ed:f3:6b:48:b2.xml instead of spae8edf36b48b2.xml

Well, the $MA macro should expand to MAC with no colons. And it work this way on all firmware versions I meet. So unless it's a bug specific to 7.5.2 version, it should work. I can't test this particular case as I have no phone with 7.5.2 firmware.

<Upgrade_Rule ua="na">($SWVER ne 7.5.3)? tftp://ipaddress/sw/spa50x-30x-7-5-3.bin</Upgrade_Rule>

Wrong. It's not possible to upgrade pre-7.5.2b version to post-7.5.2b version directly. You should upgrade to 7.5.2b first. Read release notes. Also, you should consider upgrade to latest (7.5.6) version rather than to somewhat ancient 7.5.3.

Mark thread as answered if it answered your questions. It will help others to found solutions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the phones are looking for:

spae8:ed:f3:6b:48:b2.xml instead of spae8edf36b48b2.xml

Well, the $MA macro should expand to MAC with no colons. And it work this way on all firmware versions I meet. So unless it's a bug specific to 7.5.2 version, it should work. I can't test this particular case as I have no phone with 7.5.2 firmware.

Wrong. It's not possible to upgrade pre-7.5.2b version to post-7.5.2b version directly. You should upgrade to 7.5.2b first. Read release notes. Also, you should consider upgrade to latest (7.5.6) version rather than to somewhat ancient 7.5.3.

Mark thread as answered if it answered your questions. It will help others to found solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: